Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony losing their minds

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

Originally posted by mooman_00
    dis the x-box too it'll make you feel better,
    go on say it......its shiit.....its ugly......its microsoft.............

get your p.c. (I presume you have one) spray it purple/black and refer to it as a game cube/x-box/ps2 everything bar the "small mini-itx type " problem sorted.
    its shiit.....its ugly......its microsoft! :D
    I feel better already :p
    I've already done that spay painting bit but I don't call it by any of the above names :p
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=930281#post930281
    Originally posted by Shinji

Yeah that's a GREAT idea. Let's make consoles that are upgradeable so that console games suffer the same compatability and driver problems that PC games do!

let's ignore the fact that buying a new console will cost you less than a top of the line graphics card in your PC.

There's a hell of a lot to be said for a system where you just plug in the power, put in a disc and play the god damned game
    On the compatibility issue, why not have the console manufacturer verify that each piece of upgrade equipment conforms to a strict standard and that driver issues arn't a problem?
    What has the cost of a PC graphics card got to do with anything? Things would be done in a way to suit this *new breed* console. So attemping to compare PC prices would inconclusive.
    I'm not saying to bring out only one console and then only ever provide upgrades. What I would like is something to lenghten the life span of a console. That could accomodate certain amounts of new innovation without the need for introducing a whole new platform and without the delay of waiting for the previous system to have a decent life span.
    Why couldn't this *new breed* console be plug in and play? It could have an operating system interface but only if you need it. Kinda like pressing a key to go into your BIOS if you have to on your PC.
    Originally posted by bonker
    fact that the console you bought 3 years ago will play that new title every bit as well as the console your mate bought yesterday is a massive value-add to that.
    That's a good point but consider this,
    Why couldn't the console you bought 3 years ago play that new title BETTER than the console your mate bought yesterday, because you've added more memory or a graphics processor (not necessarily a whole card, just a chip i.e. cheaper) or maybe a LAN card.

Not all the ideas are great but I think it's an area worth looking into by the console manufacturers.
    Okay you can flame me now :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

Not all the ideas are great but I think it's an area worth looking into by the console manufacturers.

Sega 32X Anybody?
    Why couldn't the console you bought 3 years ago play that new title BETTER than the console your mate bought yesterday, because you've added more memory or a graphics processor

Because it will lead to a whole subset of games that only run acceptably on the upgraded hardware.

The concept of a 3 year lifespan is a *little bit* false anyway because it's still possible to buy a PSOne and titles to play on it.

It's simply our nature to want the newest, shiniest kit available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Originally posted by Funkstard
    Stop Posting in white or silver

Why? i'm just tryin to be a little creative & different

Thanks mate I really needed a laugh this morning.

Asking why sony should produce a PS3 is on the same level of stupidity as asking why BMW produce a Z4. Its bigger, its sexier, its faster and we all want it. I saw 3 Z4s parked on a street in Boston a few weeks ago. I'll tell ya my heart missed a beat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Can we please stop letting these pathetic console/pc wars colour every topic in the forum. They're just companies trying to make money and people really shouldn't get so fussed about which they think has the most impure motives.

I'd definately be on the market for a DVD-R and TiVO style harddrive recorder, as well as something to put all my MP3's on. I record stuff off the telly far more than I buy DVD's so this is just the kind of thing I'd consider upgrading to from my trusty VCR.

One of the advantages of Sony's manufacturing prowess is they can make the PS2 on a single chip now. They could liscence them out to be included in Sky set top boxes, or build them into their Sony Vaio laptops, all at a very minimal cost.

Microsoft should ditch the PC based console tech and build their own plants to engineer a console from scratch. The cost-performance ratio of pc tech is not suitable for gaming. They're losing too much on the hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Oh s***, i forgot about that, sorry eveyone....wat's this like?

-Funk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

can you not just use black ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Yeah Funkstard, try black, it's the new... black. Clicking the colour drop down is hardly "creative". :)

Back on topic. And no PC vs Console arse unless it's actually relevant to Sony losing their minds.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

PC's do kick ass really, just cannot get the same experience of certain types of games with a console!!!!! Mind you, HALO is class on the XBOX, cant wait to play it on the PC.

I think certain games should be restricted to consoles (most driving, platform and sports games spring to mind) while most first person shooters, RPG's and so on should stay on PC's.

Especially when it comes to multi player games, nothing better than having 5 or 6 PC's in the same room and playing some Urban Terror (class Quake 3 mod that is 50 times better than Counter Srike in everyway) for a few hours. Online brings it to a new level!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by Funkstard
    Oh s***, i forgot about that, sorry eveyone....wat's this like?
    [/color]

It's like green.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Hey Monument, what part of "back on topic" is hard to understand?

• Advertisement
Advertisement