Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The new Ireland Offline forum

Options
  • 29-05-2003 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭

So heres the lowdown.....

Since there was no massive objections to the idea of a second forumhere , The committee and Boards have decided to go ahead with the plan to set up a second IOFFL forum.

A lot of what was said in the thread was taken on board and so now we have the IrelandOFFline Market & Policy Issues forum :) This forum is for discussing general issues concerning the way the telecoms market is developing (or not), Government policy, regulatory decisions, EU directives etc as they relate to the aims of IrelandOffline as well as IrelandOffline business. Since this forum will be a more focussed discssion of Ioffl's core aims it will be more heavily moderated. As such, MDR will be moderating that forum along with Sceptre and myself. There will be no change of moderatorship in the existing forum.

This existing forum has got a new name but will more or less stay as it has evolved - discussing individual problems for one’s home or business, broadband availability in specific areas and problems with specific telcos or ISPs relating to broadband and flat rate dial-up.

It is important to note that the two forums have equal ‘parity of esteem’ within the IrelandOffline group. Each is equally important to the cause.

So there you have it. Ill be moving some of the current topics to the new forum as per their relevance which should give people an idea of what goes into which forum. If you're not sure where to post, post it in this forum and we can move it across if needs be.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭OHP

Originally posted by Dustaz
    It is important to not that the two forums have equal ‘parity of esteem’ within the IrelandOffline group. Each is equally important to the cause.
    Shame on me for pointing this sorth of Quote out. Just cant Help it sorry :)

OHP

Dustaz Wake Up u GIT an Mod this board properly :)

OHP

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Hi Dustaz,

Where should posts about what is going on in the UK and international bb market be posted, you know the ones that usually come from TheRegister like SkyLINC etc.

Cheers,
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

BK, probably Market and Policy Issues.

OHP, what?

Originally posted by Dustaz
    It is important to not that the two forums have equal ‘parity of esteem’ within the IrelandOffline group. Each is equally important to the cause.
    I was only poking fun but I think you meant note and not the word not :p DAMN those spellcheckers they should understand what we mean LOL. :)

OHP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by OHP
    I was only poking fun but I think you meant note and not the word not :p DAMN those spellcheckers they should understand what we mean LOL. :)
    Pffft:)
    Amended then

God ye guys are good :D Nice one Skep :)

OHP

Advertisement