Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wind Waker 2 Confirmed

Options
  • 30-05-2003 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Eiji Aonuma has confirmed that Nintendo are releasing a direct sequel to The Wind Waker.
    Full interview at zeldauniverse.net

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Interesting. Hopefully, it will be a large land mass with *some* water in it (maybe 50/50?). If they're not going to have anything to show until E3 next year, then it will be xmas 2004 at the very earliest....

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

he's using the same graphics from WW :(
    i didn't that about OoT and MM, seemed tacked on
    hopefully this will allow him to make the game harder and longer though

i would prefer to see a more realistic looking link, OoT had some good graphics for its time, ganon for the first time looked a bit evil, but now its all gone cartoony

best of luck to him, hope he makes the best yet

what is miyamoto's role in zelda production now?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭public_enemy

miyamoto was producer on the wind waker, which means he's more involved in fine-tuning and making minor improvements.
    i preferred the style of graphics on the n64 versions as well, but when you get used to the anime style its almost impossible to go back.
    i think anyone who's played zelda games before would have found the wind waker reasonably easy, so i'm hoping there'll be more original or new puzzles and more than 5 dungeons in the sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

i loved the graphics in WW, although i do agree that it was a bit easy

i'm just hoping they make another final battle as good an WW, most impressive boss i've seen in a zelda game yet, but i haven't play many

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭hoolio

I'm fine with Zelda being the way it is (getting it tomorrow as it happens) but I definitely wouldnt mind seeing that realistic version.

Maybe they could run two series of Zelda games in parallel.

Make the cel shaded adventure orientated and with a sprawling 'laid back' feel and then make the 'realistic' one much harder and based on very complex dungeons and heavy on the action - I'd love to see a Zelda game highly focused on the swordplay,with a far deeper combat system, perhaps controlling your sword with the c-stick in stead of just the A button.

Yeah i know - never gonna happen but i can dream

• Advertisement

the fighting system in wind waker could be improved i suppose, its a little frustrating that you can't hit people after they're knocked down, you have to wait for them to get up, or your sword just slices through them with no effect.

When i saw the original 'realistic' Zelda Spaceworld video i just kept think how great a good swordfighting system could be.

In Ocarinao Of Time is was fine,with a number of different moves and all that but i kept thinking that a system like this would be class:

L - defend
    R - attack

pressing either L or R and a direction on the C-stick would result in the obvious effect,allowing you to strike specifically on one side of the enemy repeatedly,and you would have to recognise and learn the different enemy attacks and how to block each accurately ,instead of just putting up your shield.

It could be deepened even more as follows: If the enemy unleashed an "R+up" attack you could block it by pressing "L+DiagUpRight" or "L+DiagUpLeft" but as you did not get the exact block some damage might get through,but you would also by partly protected from a "R+Left" or "R+Right" attack as you also had that half right.This would make it easier to learn and get used to.

God i have too much free time on my hands....................

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

sounds like it could be good, but i think it won't happen
    it would really add some depth to the fighting against more difficult enemies and bosses

i wonder if that spaceworld demo could ever be a playable zelda game, maybe its too complex and nintendo realised they couldn't make it, or it was just a tease and they never planned on making a game that was actually like that

surely if they could make a game like that, after the demo, they would have, obviously they angerred a lot of fans by making the cel shaded graphics after showing the demo

I'm assuming that after Spaceworld they didn't just delete all the work that went into that demo so the engine (however complete it might be),models (all 2 of them i know) etc still exist so if that was the beginings of a game why not finish it?

I'm all for gameplay over graphics and all that but damn i want a Zelda that looks like that.

nintendo said that they only created the realistic zelda demo to test exactly what they could with the gamecube technology, they never intended it to be part of a game, which is unfortunate....

• Advertisement
Advertisement