Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

My new car

Options
  • 30-05-2003 8:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭

I finally got my new car , you may remember I posted here a week or so ago about buying a Honda Accord , well I picked it up on Wednesday evening .

Savage comfort and boy can she move !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

Congrats - Hondas are great cars

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭tinofapples

One question for ye boys , the central locking is not working in the car . When I turn the key only the driver door opens and when I close the drivers door all the other doors open and then lock again any ideas how big a problem this is ?

Also there's a remote thingy with the car but it's not working , can I buy a new one of these cheap and tune it into the correct frequency by starting the engine and clicking the button ?

Just wondering , thanks and later !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

I haven't a clue about Hondas, but I'd suggest a trip back to the dealer you bought it from if things are not behaving themselves. You should have a 3-month warranty by law, so make use of it.

Yes I have the 3 month warranty but it was known that the central locking wasn't working when I purchased I'm now trying to get it fixed myself .

It shouldn't be too difficult or costly ( I hope) !!

Any more opinions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

Sounds like a new central locking motor, an original can be dear, but easy to fit, you just take the panel off, you can also try an after market actuator wired in instead, these are cheap at about 20 quid, whether it is compatible is another thing, the 5 wire actuators do tend to work though with most setups. Ive never done central locking on honda before, only toyota and mits.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

http://www.safesounds.ie

Ring this place. They'll sort out the whole central locking for you. It's not too expensive.

They're in Drumcondra, D9.

I've been waiting for the Vehicle Licensing Certificate to come to me so that I can tax the car , hasn't so far and I've had the car since 28th May.

It wasn't botehring me until last night when I ran into a checkpoint , the cop said nothing when i explained why I hadn't got tax but he probably could have done me if was a p**** .

Anyway I decided I'd check out what the delay was so I rang Vehicle Registration Unit of DOE in Shannon and was told that they had received nothing to suggest ownership had changed .

I rang the "Garage" i bought the car off but the guy wasn't there , they said he'd call me back .

Would it be a big deal if the dealer i bought the car off hasn't got anything to send off to Shannon cause I'm almost certain that I should have signed something upon change of ownership ??

I could of course be jumping the gun but we'll see , any views ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

I bought my car from a dealer in Jan of this year and I didn't sign anything. You'll be fine. Just get onto the dealership you bought the car off and get them to sort it out.

Advertisement