Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Punto!!!!

Options
  • 30-05-2003 10:24am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭

check THIS out... First pictures on the boards of the new fiat punto!!!

sorry, laugh if you want, im a punto fan, my fist ever car (2001) was a new fiat punto, ive been hooked ever since!!

punto_fl200_001.jpg

classy looks eh?? :rolleyes:

punto_fl200_002.jpg

chick magnet or WHAT!!! ww)

heres what the website said bout them

The new 2003 Fiat Punto
    Released at the end of May 2003, the new Punto is a heavily revised version of the previous car.

The whole front end is new, including the bonnet, lights, bumper, wings grill etc, whilst at the rear the bumper has changed and some other detail changes made including the adoption of the round Fiat badge and additional reflectors on the three door car. Whereas the previos car had differentiated between three and five door versions visually (with different front and rear bumpers), the new car features a front end which is different for the sportier versions, the Sporting and HGT, with all the other (both three and five door) using the same bumpers.

punto_fl350_005.jpg

Under the bonnet the same 1.2 8v (60bhp) and 16v (80bhp) engines together with the 1.8 16v (13bhp) and 1.9 JTD (85bhp) continue, but they are joined by three new units. A 1.4-litre development of the Fire engine with 95bhp is now available, and a 1.9 Multijet JTD with 100bhp is also derived from the other engine. Completely new is the 1.3 16v JTD with 70bhp.

Other significant additions to the model include a new transmission known as Dualogic. This is a Selespeed-like unit, being a manual gearbox controlled by hydraulic actuators, in turn controlled via a sequential shift with a fully-automatic mode available. A dual-zone climate control is new in the segment and adds to the comfort and ease of use, as do rain and parking sensors.

punto_fl350_001.jpg

Safety has also been taken care of with ESP, MSR and various other electronic aids being added to the various versions, as well as up to six airbags being available.

New colours, interior trims and various changes including the instrumentation and wheels complete a comprehensive makeover for the best-selling Fiat.

now... i just remembered something.... my fiat punto is gonna take a nosedive value wise this month....

ah b*llox :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Yeah, just when you thought that they couldn't make it any more hideous.

Instead of a spare wheel, people with real cars should have a punto (or similar e.g. polo, corsa, micra etc...) in the boot, to use as a spare.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

yeah funny....

easy to have a so called "real car" when your mega rich and not insured because you were born with testicles and happen to be under 45.

:rolleyes:

next time i drive by some poor mega rich sod trying to flag someones help, when his big "real car" has broken down, on a dark night in the rain.....

il remember your comments,

slow down,

pull over

and deliberatly drive thru that perfectly positioned puddle.

:mad:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Originally posted by Morphéus
    sorry, laugh if you want, im a punto fan, my fist ever car (2001) was a new fiat punto, ive been hooked ever since!!
    If you are that big a fan, head down to mondello and get a look at the Abarths racing - great stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

aye the abarths are always close racing.. great to watch.

anyway the above isnt dramatically different, just a restyled nose to fit in with the stilo. rearend looks very similar to the current model.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flav0rflav

midlife makeover

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

Indeed, and not a pretty one at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gs39t

Ahhh...So that's where all the excess ugly went :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Looks a bit more 'grown-up' alright. But it's a fiat.

Punto was my first car. Never again with the fiats. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

Same as last Punto but with the nose and arse of a Stilo...

FIAT must be trying to rationalise the amount of different parts they carry :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Boy that is ugly. The original one was the best looking one. The last one is ok, but someone been busy with the ugly stick for that new one. Fiat are already in trouble as their other ranges aren't selling. That new Punto sure isn't going to help them any.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

Punto's are for girls anyway- as are Saxo's, Clio's, Corsa's, Cinquecento's, 106's, and Starlet's.
    The names of these cars alone suggest they were made for female drivers, or puffs with moustaches and caps.

Originally posted by herbie747
    Punto's are for girls anyway- as are Saxo's, Clio's, Corsa's, Cinquecento's, 106's, and Starlet's.
    The names of these cars alone suggest they were made for female drivers, or puffs with moustaches and caps.

Bit insecure about our masculinity are we? Need a bonnet about 10 feet long for it to be a "Mans" car? Better get the cod piece out I reckon.

Just because I don't want to drive a woman's car doesn't make me "insecure about my masculinity". You've been watching too much 'Friends'.
    Does that mean you wear women's clothes just because you're comfortable about your masculinity? It does, according to your logic.

I'm just saying that I wouldn't drive a car thats made for a granny to drive to the supermarket- and I certainly wouldn't expect to be taken seriously driving one.

Do you never go to the supermarket then? Whats so serious about driving to the supermarket? Some of the greatest drivers in the world, Shuey, Moss etc., drive small city cars. Certainly a mid engined 2 seater is rubbish for doing the shopping, believe me I've tried. Very hard to look serious when the passenger seat is stacked with groceries.

Funny that you introduce wearing women clothes? I wouldn't have made that connection at all. What made you think of that?

Originally posted by RicardoSmith
    Do you never go to the supermarket then? Whats so serious about driving to the supermarket? Some of the greatest drivers in the world, Shuey, Moss etc., drive small city cars. Certainly a mid engined 2 seater is rubbish for doing the shopping, believe me I've tried. Very hard to look serious when the passenger seat is stacked with groceries.

Of course I go to the supermarket. There's nothing serious about it. I was talking about being taken seriously in general- it has nothing to do with going shopping, you spa. I was saying that those cars were designed for that purpose (as well as dropping the kids off at school)- and not for comfort or performance. Read my post again, and wake up.
    Funny that you introduce wearing women clothes? I wouldn't have made that connection at all. What made you think of that?

Your 'hilarious' attempt at sarcasm by implying that I wear women's clothes is just priceless- well done.

You basically said that it's okay to drive a woman's car if your're comfortable with your masculinity, therefore implying that it's okay to do similar female activities as long as you're comfortable with your masculinity. It doesn't take a genius to make the connection- sorry you're not as quick as me.

Just look at the adverts for these cars: there isn't one bloke driving one. What do you think this means? Even the manufacturers are telling us that these cars are for women (and boy-racers).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

Herbie - stop trolling - you'll only piss people off and get yourself banned!
    Just look at the adverts for these cars: there isn't one bloke driving one.

Actually, the advertising at the launch of the current model punto featured both a man and a woman driving. Increasingly there is a move towards smaller cars, especially in Europe as cars become more expensive to run. More men are buying superminis. Also, think of the hot hatch (Saxo VTR, Peugeot 106/206 GTi, Lupo GTi, Punto Sporting/HGT) - hardly "women's" cars.

Yes traditionally these kind of cars have been bought/driven by women as they are smaller and easier to drive, but those traditional buying patterns are changing.

Finally, consider what kind of car you learnt to drive in? Chances are it was something in that class. Again, small cars that are easy to drive are ideal for learners. They also make great first cars, for young men especially, since the insurance costs are relatively lower.

You're talking cr*p. I was pulling your chain and you rose to the bait. Too easy. You're like a v.bad Clarkson and hes bad enough. Come back when you've some of value and less moronic to add. "comfort or performance" ha ha ha...

You're talking cr*p. I was pulling your chain and you rose to the bait. Too easy. You're like a v.bad Clarkson and hes bad enough. Come back when you've some of value and less moronic to add. "comfort or performance" ha ha ha...

Sorry if the words "comfort and performance" are a bit too technical for you. Didn't realise your comprehension was at a 4 year olds level.
    I made a simple point about how those small cars are manufactured with old women in mind, because they're economical (another big word you can't understand?), and easy to drive, and you're slagging me? Why? Is it cool to drive a sh*t car?

Pulling my chain? How? Were you just pretending to be an idiot in case I couldn't resist having a go at you? What bait? Start making sense, man.

It's sucks the way I can't give my honest opinion without Kimberly Ricardo the retardo being a drama queen about it. Look at the posts. You just started being abusive because I don't like Puntos.
    What were you thinking? "Hey, this guy doesn't like small, slow, girlie cars- he must be a d*ck! I think I'll lay down some bait!"
    What bait, you spa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

its a rip off of a polo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

Little Boy Racers

• Advertisement

Sorry if the words "comfort and performance" are a bit too technical for you....

Being abusive is well smart all right. You obvious don't know where to draw the line. I was only poking fun at your inane machismo (and inaccurate) comments about small cars. You contradict yourself constantly. The manufacturers target their advertisements at both male and female and all ages. 5 mins of watching the TV or reading the paper would tell you that. One of the biggest markets for small cars is young blokes. So that way they tack on spoilers, and all that Max Power cr*p on them. You obviously know nothing about the demographic of the people that buy these cars. As for comfort and performance. WTF has that got to do with a puntos, and city cars. These are vehicles built for a specific task and to a specific price. Do you know nothing?

But You obviously no nothing about cars. For example you slag off the 106 and Saxo cars which have one of the best handling chassis designs made in the last 10yrs. On a decent B road a hot version of either can easily embarrass a super car. I know you will say that is cr*p but read a decent car mag like Evo or watch a decent car show like 5th gear and they all say the same thing. Its common knowledge, but its obviously something you haven't the remotest idea about.

Any true driving enthusiast would know that an awful lot of the world best driving cars are actually low powered and its the chassis and driving dynamics (amongst other factors) of the car that often determine its ability. The fact that you lump cars like the starlet and the 106 as the same just shouts your ignorance to the world. You know squat about cars and you're not smart enough to realise it. How dumb is that. But hey, keep the topic off thread and stick to name calling. Seems to be something you find pleasure in. Even if you're not very good at that either.

Advertisement