Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suspect web site.

Options
  • 30-05-2003 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

I subscribed to mail9.com for free email. I managed to send a mail, just after I joined, but I have never since been able to login. There is no email address to contact ( ie no webmaster it would seem) and every time I try to login, it either says I've entered an incorrect password or else it just reloads the page.

Anyway, I'd just like to know what you all think. It looks very suspect.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I never heard of them, but the site is running Hivemail, which makes it pretty likely that it's just an ordinary joe running it. That's not to say Hivemail is a bad app, just that it's not something you run on a major email service.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭irlhost

You could try to email the Administrative Contact:
    Atkinson, Paul paul@wwwnation.net

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Sounds as dodgy as hell tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TenLeftFingers

I've emailed paul, and am waiting for a reply. Theres a dropdown box when you log in, where you can choose mail9.com or mail69.com. Sound even dodgier!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

As long as you haven't paid anything for it I'd say just leave it.

There are plenty of other free email providers out there....

• Advertisement
Advertisement