Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Girl's Brain Falls out of Ear

Options
  • 30-05-2003 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭

Originally posted by lamda
    Is anybody missing the frames lately? i hate all those people who say "dublin bands and irish bands, in general, are'nt very good... don't you just wish that they'd wake up and smell the juice, and head off the work (and buy a IRISH cd along the way).
    Anyway the cure,pixies and mybloodyvalentine suck.
    Peace out

whats this about lamda?
    finally shown your true colours

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

All true all true....

I stand by my comments.
    Robert Smith isnt fit to lick the pretension off Glen Hansards shoes.

Word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Damon_Kind

Although apparently 'neck scarf' himself used to wear make up and stuff in the frames early days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

i remember in a day long gone by mr. neck scarf himself whispering to a pathetic ladyfriend beside him the word "weirdo" under his breath. mr. neck scarf had me there huh?

hmmm i remember e-mailing steve albini about the frames...
    I just loved comparing glen's account of working with steve and steve's account.

funny... he could'nt quite remember the frames
    hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 the she

Originally posted by Raggamuffin
    hmmm i remember e-mailing steve albini about the frames...
    I just loved comparing glen's account of working with steve and steve's account.

Now, I'm nothe biggest fan of the Frames (in fact, I wouldn't call myself a fan at all) but your dislike of the frames seems to go above and beyond normal dislike of a band. it's kind of creepy thinking that you'd e-mail steve albini about the frames (or if it's not about the Frames, then it's a post about the Pixies). and that you post about them every second post. isn't this taking obsessiveness to new levels? how old are you? you sound like a 12 year old girl who's obsessed with Westlife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Damon_Kind

Yes. But lets hear the comparing and contrasting of the two accounts in complete detail please.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Originally posted by the she
    you sound like a 12 year old girl who's obsessed with Westlife.

Haha the truth is finally out!!:D

ShUT UP...
    and i'm going to my room.

Obsessiveness..
    why is it that everyone is coming up with some excuse to disregard my comments.

i'm now 13 thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 the she

Originally posted by Raggamuffin
    Obsessiveness..
    why is it that everyone is coming up with some excuse to disregard my comments.

bcos they're anal and you seem to have some problem with regards to the frames which go way beyond normal dislike of a band. it's like when boys at school bully the girls they fancy by pulling their hair and throwing them in puddles and so on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 fat toni

let them say what they want im with raggamuffin on this one the frames are not the all singing all dancing band some fools have classed them as....................its nothing to do with the fact there irish if they were from mars i would still hate them....as a band there ok its just there is so much crap they bring with them and dont even start me on there "FANS" if ever there was a need to drop bombs on a gig crowd it would be a toss up between the frames and jj72........or just get more bombs and do the two of emmmmmmmm......:ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Saint-dotsie

yes but they do suck real bad ragamuffin,real bad and if it winds people up to hear it say it somemore until people learn to ignore you and then you will be me a twenty year old who spends most of his free time behinnd a computer screen only communicating with people through message boards and talking absoloute rubish,but chances are raga they are probably like me

• Advertisement

it's not so much that they are the worst band around ever (maybe...)

but my god you'd think after 10 years they'd do something else.
    like quit?

i think they're propelled more by an obsessive fan base. I mean i certainly think that the music is not "all that".

I mean there are other irish bands who deserve the publicity.

But then again... somehow glen has gotten himself in sweet with RTE, Hot Press and othee associated media.

Their last album was incredibly poor and surpassed by many other Irish artists.
    Why did nobody say it was poor?
    You can be a fan of a band but realise they're not very good. But it's the backslapping and "supporting" the scene thing i don't get.

But then again more opinions are expressed on the message boards than on the airwaves.

Maybe that should change. Spice it up a tad. Of course wlel presented and such.

Advertisement