Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lambay Diving And Watersports

• 30-05-2003 1:48pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Did anyone here know my Dad, John Walsh. He was in clubs, then he became a PADI instructor. He then went into the business of servicing cylinders and was just getting into the flow of things in the business when he was struck down by motor neurons disease and died earlier this year.

He would have been a very respected member of the diving community in Ireland, loads of people know him :)

Slaan.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Well you know I knew him anyhows Slaan,

Got my lovely new BCD from him. :)

Our last DO seemed to know him fairly well too alright.

JAK.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

hehe, had a feeling you would reply :) Yeah, he used to sell gear aswell. The guy who ended up buying the business got a lovely price. There was always trouble communicating with distibutors like seaway in Germany for eqquipment.

They were a bunch of brainless twats, caused my dad such heartache. Such is life.

Ces't la vie,

Slaan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

I Didn't know him Slaanesh but I'm sorry for your loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Smiler

Sorry for your loss man.
    I didn't know him personaly but a lot of people in my club
    knew him, and he was always spoken very well off

Advertisement