Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What time does your Gym close?

• 30-05-2003 3:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭

I am interested to hear from others about the opening times of their gym / leisure centre.

I recently joined one, and it claims to be open from 7am to 10pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 8pm at the weekends. Fair enough.

But the thing is, you get kicked out of the pool / gym / sauna / jacuzzi a full 30 minutes before 'closing' - i.e. come 9.30 on a weekday night, you are asked to leave.

This really bugs me. I typically get home from work at 6.30, and by the time I have eaten, etc it is usually after 7.30 when I get to the gym. This means it can be a real rush to get through your program. One of the reasons I joined this gym was because I thought I could stay there until 10.

Is this normal practice? I am half-considering pursuing a small claims court case to recoup some of my fee - my logic is that the contract I signed said 'opening hours' ran until 10pm, something which typically limits my visit by 30 mins. The opening hours are actually part of the contract I signed.

So, please tell me - what are your opening hours, and when are you asked to leave?

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

My gym is the very same.
    I reckon you would not have a case, as their argument would be "closing time is at 22:00", so from a practicality standpoint you need to hit the showers at 21:30.

I have often been in my own gym late and if I say I don't intend to take a shower, they won't force me to finish at 21:30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

No such problems for me i saved for two years and built my own in my garage!!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

I go to the Arena in UL Limerick, opens from 7am until 11pm - they kick you out of the pool about 10:45 which isnt too bad - gym stays open until exactly 11pm as long as you dont have to take a shower there too. Is great spot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭mavedic

My gym has opening hours till 10pm as well, but if you want a shower you have to leave at 9.30. I think this is standard practice and fair enough if they want to close at 10.

Advertisement