Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worse than Crack Cocaine

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

Counter-Strike....nuff said tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Championship Manager 4
    Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2
    GTAIII

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Deus Ex,
    Civ3,
    Gta3,
    Zelda: Wind Waker,
    Metroid Prime

I must have played wind waker for about twelve hours straight, then slept a bit and played some more. I think I finished it too soon as a result (the b*sterds just made it too much fun to play!)

Back in the day it would have been Doom1/2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Fallout 1 and 2, Civilization 2, gta3, final fantasy 7, final fantasy 10, xenogears, breath of fire 3, deus ex, unreal tournament, ghost recon, broken sword 1 and 2, gran turismo 1 and 2(3 didnt do it that much for me) flight simulator 2002, x-plane6, falcon4, soul reaver and the graddaddys of games that steal your lfe, carrier command and acrtic fox

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Frontier Elite on Amiga played this one for days on end:)
    Killer Instinct Arcade

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I'm not sure if I should count multiplayer games, because they've always been more about the people playing and less about the game - but Quake2, Tribes, UT and Counter-Strike have all eaten massive amounts of my time away. I like to say that Tribes screwed up my leaving cert, although realistically I wouldn't have done any work anyway - whereas Counter-Strike DID screw up a pretty dull job I had and played a major role in getting my ass fired. Which incidentally turned out to be a very good thing in the long run, but I don't recommend it nonetheless :)

In terms of singleplayer games, there are some which have gripped me from start to finish and I've basically done nothing else with my time other than play them until they were completed. Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy X both qualify here, as do Metal Gear Solid and Silent Hill. Castlevania SOTN and Vagrant Story are both also on that list.

In terms of current playtime, Xenosaga is eating my life right now - I clocked 20 hours on it last weekend. Erk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Man, i used to play Secret of monkey island all the time (up until the point it made my ST crash) And last ninja 2. ****in class.
    Doom was another time eater, and the night i stayed up playing zelda:link to the past. And of course, FF7, kept me awake a few nights.
    And god, last week, drunk, and stoned out of my tiny mind i attempted to play silent hill 3at about 2am. Ahhh....memories hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

gawd, there were so many :o

Spy vs Spy
    Bubble Bobble
    GTA - any...
    zeldo - any...
    goldeneye
    mariokart :)
    counter-strike
    natural-selection
    freelancer
    unreal tournament and 2k3

my brain hurts now, that's all I can think of without inducing a hangover

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Super smash bros on the N64 !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

jesus... if i had a cent for every time i played starcraft for 10 hours straight i would probably have.....a euro or two :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

NES: all marios, zelda 2, metroid and faxanadu.

snes: mariokart street fighter 2

N64: Zeldas.

Playstation: ISS Soccer and Bust a Move.

PS2: SSX, Max Payne, GTA3

PC: QuakeWorld, Counterstrike, halflife, AOTT mud, Vice City, return fire.

ooh ooh ooh, how could I forget the monkey island series!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I've lost a measurable percentage of my life to Civilisations 2 and 3.

I love a good single player game, Deus Ex I've played about 6/7 times all the way through and nearly as much in Half life.

Currently though, I am Freelancer's bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Originally posted by lordsippa

Any LucasArts point n' clicker.

DOTT!!

I found Dungeon Keeper to be fairly addictive, as well as Deus Ex (who hasn't?) and more recently, Splinter Cell. Fantastic stuff.

Advertisement