Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

brief outage

Options
  • 30-05-2003 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Apparently the cabinet in which the boards machine lives had a power outage, causing boards to be down for about 10 minutes this afternoon. Everything should be back to normal now :)

regi / dan
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'm surprised you didnt put this in your journal :p:p

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

It was only the boards box not the cab. Dodgy power cable. Has been replaced, and a second cable has been provisioned, feeding the second redundant PSU in the machine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Everything's going spare today. UTV's web proxy went missing earlier this evening, and Host Europe's DNS just disappeared for half an hour.

Oogly boogly.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

hosting365 lost their hosting control panel server to a blown PSU as well. Luckily hardware was on hand to replace it.

I tell you, the servers /know/ it's a long weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by longword
    I tell you, the servers /know/ it's a long weekend.
    they *always* do-I lost 2 long weekends in a row about 2 years ago..

• Advertisement
Advertisement