Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many idiots does it take to create a 5 mile tailback?

Options
  • 30-05-2003 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Today I was on a mercy dash delivery to a horse hospital just west Kildare, I was coming up from the Cork/N8 direction and I heard on the radio that traffic was bad in Kildare with 20 mins hold ups to get in from the Dublin side. As I approached Monesterevan I expected things to get worse, in the event traffic going east was fine but from that town nearly all the way to Kildare was a tailback of cars going west.

Many of those sat in the sweltering heat and humidity would have been going south, so why the hell did they elect to go through known traffic Hell Holes like Kildare and Monesterevan?

You can take the turn before the Currah which takes you to Kilcullen from where you turn right to Athy then south of Athy turn right and soon you're in Portlaise. You've saved yourself about an hour by going the "back raod". In fact the road is pefectly good.

Consider this a public service anouncment! :)

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Mike,

That will take you into the other traffic hellhole Athy! Just as bad on a friday evening as Kildare!

My Advice, Dont travel peak time.

Advertisement