Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The future of Quake.ie & VR Quake (MP !)

Options
  • 27-06-1998 12:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Ok here's the deal.

Eric ya total twat, I got flooded with VR Mails today and I won't even be able to make it to IQCL - I'll be comin' home from
    the Canaries that very night and sadly can't meet John and you all that day, let alone organise VR : )

Sheesh ! Newbies these days : )

Quake.ie :

I'm very sorry to see John go firstly, and secondly, I wonder will Quake.ie WORK after this.
    I've been considering taking less & less in the Quake Scene lately, maybe even quitting.
    I would have left my Quake.ie positions long ago, due to the lack of time (I know ppl like John had a harder time but this is me)
    but I personnaly stayed on as I 'owed' it to John.

John we'll miss you, I don't know how the site will run or anything. Mmm, you'll hear more about me
    l8r. But for the moment lets remember the man who :
    Started the first Irish Clan EVER.
    Ran Quake.ie
    Stayed on-line every day and night, rarely appearing on the servers to actually play the game he did so much for.
    was so sound that he never, ever did anything to pizs people off (I mean can you think of an example when he did)

Cloud was the 'daddy' of our community, and even if he still keeps his RL blowing our 'azzes' away,
    things will be different from this day forth.

Thanks again.

H.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

: Quake.ie :

: I'm very sorry to see John go firstly, and secondly, I wonder will Quake.ie WORK after this.

OK, now lets not jump to any hasty conclusions. Obviously things change over time. This is one of those transitional points. There is nothing fundamentally wrong with quake.ie or the IGN. There is absolutley no reason for it stop.

The problem at the moment is staffing. John was doing the job of a number of people. IGN just needs a number of people to step in and help. I'm feel certain this will happen.

IGN? you there? could you clarify the situation? post a help wanted notice? tell us it's already sorted?

flavorflav

: : IGN? you there? could you clarify the situation? post a help wanted notice? tell us it's already sorted?

: Yes things will change, were have number of projects in the work at present and restaffing quake.ie is among them, However i dont feel now is the time or place to go into these, we should just look at quake.ie as a site that john created and thank him of that. There will be plenty of time to talk about the future later.

: Ed

Sorry Ed,

I very rarely look at the main page. I now see that you covered some of the there.

: IGN? you there? could you clarify the situation? post a help wanted notice? tell us it's already sorted?

Yes things will change, were have number of projects in the work at present and restaffing quake.ie is among them, However i dont feel now is the time or place to go into these, we should just look at quake.ie as a site that john created and thank him of that. There will be plenty of time to talk about the future later.

Ed

Advertisement