Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with ISDN?

Options
  • 30-05-2003 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭

hey everyone! just recently got isdn...only thing available in my area apparently..anyways on to my question...

how do i get it to connect @ 128k rather than @ 64k?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

^Got some bad news for u my friend. For the most part ie. residential internet access packages - only single channel isdn is available ...leaving you with 64K.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

first of all you'd need a TA thats capable of 128k. Id say most modern ones are at this stage. As for the driver setup, I know from experience with my usb eicon diva that I can tick the boxes beside both entries of "ISDN channel" in my connection setup and it attempts to connect using both channels instead of just one. This is going to be different depending on what make/model your TA is. It will most likely be in the documentation anyway.

You'll also need an ISP that allows you to use both channels. AFAIK oceanfree do, eircom might also but dont quote me on that. Theres more than likely a few more too. IOL free might. As you can tell I'm taking a wild stab at naming 128k providers cos i currently use a UTV subscription and they only allow 64k. It might be worth trying a pay as you go UTV account, I think they support 128k.

Hope this has been some use to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

alright thanks for the info guys! ill try out those ISPs so

thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Most of the free isps let you connect at 128k.
    I know Ocean, IOL, UTV and Eircom free access numbers allow you.

Advertisement