Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email System

Options
  • 30-05-2003 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of any good email systems that i can put on my website. PHP, mySQL (i'd like if it didn't have mySQL but what you gonna do?) I want it to be able to retrive from my other POP accounts if possible.

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Google for 'Squirrelmail' and 'Twig'.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Squirrel is excellent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

Thanks guys SQuirrel seems good but i'm trying to install the plugins and i keep getting this error

Error opening ../../data/default_pref
    Could not create initial preference file!
    ../data/ should be writable by user apache
    Please contact your system administrator and report this error.

when i try and get into the options for that plugin in my account. I've checked the Data folder and changed the chmod to all diffrent combinations to no avail anyone any ideas?

Do you have root access to the server?

No, I don't.

• Advertisement

Now i'm getting this

Error opening ../data/default_pref
    Default preference file not found or not readable!
    Please contact your system administrator and report this error.

when i try to login and i cant get into the 'data' folder in FTP only if the Chmod is above 766

I tried twig and when i try to login it say

Error: Login failed - Probably a misspelled username or password, please try again.

I've never tried installing Squirrel on a server without having root access, so I'm afraid I can't help you. Sorry :(

Advertisement