Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netsource now that it's 'fixed'

Options
  • 30-05-2003 10:20pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

How's the ping and download speed of your netsource package now that netsource have upgraded their service. Give a quick input if you've time.

Multiple Choice: Download & Ping 63 votes

0k/s-10k/s
    0% 0 votes
    20k/s-30k/s
    6% 4 votes
    30k/s-40k/s
    3% 2 votes
    40k/s+
    6% 4 votes
    0ms-30ms
    33% 21 votes
    30ms-60ms
    3% 2 votes
    60ms-90ms
    26% 17 votes
    100ms+
    12% 8 votes
    Atari jaguar.
    7% 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

Getting 60-100 to UK servers, and DLing at 52k+

I'm happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Very happy with the service as it stands but I'm still being routed through the UK to get to Irish sites so the pings will be high.

carb.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

I'm getting 397k/s now and 25-30ms pings - where are these on the survey ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Let's just hope it stays like this.

*crosses fingers*

Ste

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

My download is between 13kb - 23kb (average about 18kb) but thats a big improvement on the 1.5kb I was getting lastnight. My pings to Boards average at 66ms however this is while I'm downloading some large files so that might have some effect on the results.

In all I am a LOT happier than I was yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Even though mine was never one of the 'poor performance' ones in terms of downloading, speed has increased a slight notch from 54kbs up to 56 kbs and pings are in 60-90 ms range even when downloading :)
    Job well done for Netsource to see other users getting the proper service now ! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

53kb/s

50-65 to uk servers

HAPPY!!

:D

Originally posted by daveirl
    Could that be that the server they're coming off are limiting your downloads at that speed?

I don't think so but it is possible. Since it keeps levelling off at around 18Kb/sec it does sound reasonable however the server stats say the average speed for people downloading from it is 38.599Kb/sec with some people getting up to 61Kb/sec. Also for a few hours this morning the speed dropped to 6Kb/sec but its now back around the 18Kb mark.

For anyone that’s interested my pings to jolt.co.uk are averaging at 46ms.

OK it’s definitely the server I'm downloading from. Just tested downloading the offline installer for Netscape 7 (31mb) and it was coming in at 49Kb :) It had the first 2mb down before I even realised it was downloading :p

I don't know why that other server won't give me full speed though :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Suppose I'll give it a go :)
    Its not like I have to worry about bandwidth now :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Seeing as netsource seem to have sorted this problem fairly quick looks like I'll be ordering their SOHO package monday, lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Originally posted by Mr.Taz
    Seeing as netsource seem to have sorted this problem fairly quick looks like I'll be ordering their SOHO package monday, lovely.

If I were doing it all again and read Boards this week I'd wait a week. It's only been back up to speed a couple of days....
    And that's NOt to bash NS, whom I think are doing a pretty great job in every other respect.

Yeh, but I can only wait until Monday, my leaving cert starts Wednesday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Mondays a Bank Holiday isnt it? :p
    Good luck in your LC btw.

Thanks for reminding me, feel free to suck my testicle sack :p Ty, I hope to kill my leaving cert with a headshot from a biro.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭ando

gota say netsource is excellent since friday evening, but there is something I've noticed. During playing online games, I do get spikes. By using Ping Plotter, I can see its not my imagination. On average once a minute, there is a spike of aprox 1237ms to Jolt.co.uk.

spikes.jpg

Anyone else getting similar spikes?

Advertisement