Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus drivers

Options
  • 30-05-2003 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭

anybody know what there problem is? everytime i get on the bus they are always giving somebody grief? and they are as ignorant what seems to be there boggle?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

yeah, jayzus, did you hear that on joe duffy today?

this girl some how left her baby on a bus, the driver drove off,

everyone on the bus was screaming at him to stop with the mother running after the bus in total panic,

the driver only stops at the next official bus-stop up the road but the mother couldnt run fast enough so this psycho driver drove off again with the whole bus in panic shouting at him to stop!!

eventually she got her kid, but this driver must have been a total head case.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

i seen this girl the other day one the 38 to the blanch, she was getting on the bus with her child she wasn't getting on fast enough for the bus driver, he was saying to her will ya ever hurry up i haven't got all day to be waiting on you, and there she was struggeling to get on the bus with the pram and the child, loozy f*ckers.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

yea i was on my way to witness last year and i had all my tent cans bags everytin in the bus n i told the busa driver ill be a minute [the gf forgot her ticket] and it was literally a minute up she was back in the bus station and when the driver saw her he drove off with all our stuff.. there moody ****s coz they drive a bus i suspect... i wonder how there all the same?? have they got a little union of be fu<kin arseholes...

[this is only in my personal experience and no offence to any bus driver who read this if you dont drive for ennis bus people coz then u probably are a fu<ker:)]
    cartman

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

What do you lot expect?
    They're told this ****"wait a minute"
    they deal with utter scumbags everyday, a lot of **** about 'ol wans complain'
    Give them some respect for **** sakes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

What Lenny said , seriously dealing with the public is a poxy poxy job and i feel sorry for bus drivers specialy on the 78A (my local bus) the amount of junkie scum on that bus is sickening.

But that girl who left her kid on the bus prolly shouldnt be allowed to have kids , i mean how the hell do you forget a kid?
    I have 3 kids under 4 and never once forget about one no matter how stressed or busy i was with them.

kdjac

• Advertisement

she didnt forget her kid, she was carrying the pram down the steps to the street and was about to go back in for the child when the loony drove off.

lots of jobs require interaction with scum, mine does but i dont feel that this gives me cart blanch (sp?) to go around being a total arsehole.

if they cant deal with the public without turning into narky pricks, then they shouldnt be in the job.

i have had plenty of great bus drivers in my time btw, really nice guys who help and are glad to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,375 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Lenny
    What do you lot expect? ... they deal with utter scumbags everyday
    Best one ever was scumbag with Dublin accent in Busaras: "Is this the bus to Portlaoise [Prison]?"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I haven't used a bus much in the last 3 years however for the 5 years before that I used the bus daily and found that if I treated the driver with respect s/he treated me with the same. In fact I have found that it is pretty much the same everywhere. Be polite to the bus driver and you will get a lot further with him/her.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Right, who the feck puts their child on a bus and then gets off? You never ever leave an infant sitting on the bus on their own, even if you are just getting off for a second. Just like having a child in the bath, even 2 seconds unattended can mean the difference between life and death. There are a lot of places a child could fall in a bus, and a lot of things to hit their head off.

Have you ever sat at the drivers section of a coach? It's actually quite difficult to hear much except for the couple of rows at the front you, and I'd say that the driver is quite adept at drowning out the background noise from passengers. Anyone at the back or middle of the bus screaming at the driver to stop wouldn't be heard.

The correct story was this (fecking Joe Duffy). The woman sticks her kid on the bus and gets off. Bus driver drives off. Woman catches bus at the next lights and bangs on the door. She's non-national so he's not sure what she's screaming at him, assumes she wants just to get on, he won't let her (obviously). She doesn't make it to the next bus stop on time to catch the bus, but gets another bus, which catches it at the next lights, and she switches bus.

:rolleyes:

Straightforward case of parental stupidity and misunderstanding.

I have noticed bus drivers are far more irritable nowadays though. A mate of mine regularly falls asleep on the bus when locked. At the beginning, he used to be woken by a middle-aged bus driver, who'd give him a lift back close to home. Now he gets a woken up by a foreigner screaming at him in a forgeign language, and gets thrown off the bus.

Maybe they've changed their pay arrangments for getting the nightlinks back to the terminus or something.....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Can honestly say I've never had a problem with a bus driver, if anything I've found them really sound, must be a Dublin thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Never had a problem with my local 114 drivers or the 46a i get into town drivers. Never gotten any grief, they smile at me when i ask for child fare but rarely gimme hassle, they wait for me if im running for a bus etc. Half the 114 drivers id chat to. Have to say I think they do a great job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Was getting on a bus once. Two people got off. One got on before me and all of a sudden the bus driver says the bus was full.
    He was a right pr1ck about it too.

(BTW, neither myself nor the first in front of me were "large")

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Well, if the only job you could get was in public transport youd be pissed off too. Plus ppl can be utter ****es. Still though doesnt give them the right to be arseholes.

(no offence to busdrivers or anything, i sure as hell wouldnt want that job)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭sleepwalker

The correct story was this (fecking Joe Duffy). The woman sticks her kid on the bus and gets off. Bus driver drives off. Woman catches bus at the next lights and bangs on the door. She's non-national so he's not sure what she's screaming at him, assumes she wants just to get on, he won't let her (obviously). She doesn't make it to the next bus stop on time to catch the bus, but gets another bus, which catches it at the next lights, and she switches bus

utter bull****

what about the entire lower deck telling the bus driver his mistake and him ignoring them all ? what about the fact he didn't even have the respect to apologize to the mother. when one of the passengers told him she was going to report him for his actions he sat there and stared at her couldn't even say a thing

she put the kid on the bus first so she could pull the pram up next, one of the other passengers was even trying to help her fold it up it was an easy mistake to make but I think the problem is more the fact he just ignored everyone telling him what he had done. whats worse leaving a kid on a bus alone for 20 seconds or a kid out on a busy path / street for 20 seconds ?

it was entirely the bus drivers fault so shut the hell up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

I have sympathy with them. Occasionally. Wed nite, the guy driving the 10 let a load of guys on at Belfield who were absolutely hammered. Stopped 4 times to tell them to stop drinking and smoking and finally kicked them off in Baggot St. This all took so long that i missed the 49 in town that i was trying to get and had to wait 40 mins for the next one. Tis not that nice waitin that long in town on my own at that hour of the night(bout 11.00).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I hate getting that 11. All the dolly burds on their way to Redbox and Fireworks. "and Oi was loike hoi" and all that. I wouldn't kick them out of bed for farting though.

I find that if you are civil to bus drivers that most of them are civil back. There is one 46a driver though an we don't exactly see eye to eye. I think he stung me once for fare dodging and he checks my fares from now on. I said to him that i was going to leeson st one day and he gave out **** to me for getting off at the stop after the burlington. That is Leeson St FFS.

Originally posted by ballooba
    I find that if you are civil to bus drivers that most of them are civil back.
    yes of course, most of them are grqand but there is an unusual proportion of bad apples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Hail to the bus driver, bus driver man!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

the wheels on the bus go round and round......

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

On another note about bus drivers being sound too... I remember I was on the bus, and 6 lads and 2 youn ones came down to me(down stairs) and jumped on me, I got a bottle to the head about 30 punches to the nose, face head, I took out a 7" blade(protection) and I tell yea when they stood back the bus driver came down and hit 2 of them a solid and they droped like a ton of bricks. he got them off the bus and gave me some stuff out of his first aid box thing :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭BeatTun

Originally posted by Lenny
    On another note about bus drivers being sound too... I remember I was on the bus, and 6 lads and 2 youn ones came down to me(down stairs) and jumped on me, I got a bottle to the head about 30 punches to the nose, face head, I took out a 7" blade(protection) and I tell yea when they stood back the bus driver came down and hit 2 of them a solid and they droped like a ton of bricks. he got them off the bus and gave me some stuff out of his first aid box thing :)

Lenny
    Tallaght Scumbag

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

There is one woman driver on the 46Abus route. She is completely oblivious to Leeson Street bridge. She doesn't slow down, and everyone upstairs is thrown around everytime.

Idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Problem is if a bus driver leaves his box to help someone in a fight he isnt covered by the insurance...what a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Originally posted by DeadBankClerk
    There is one woman driver on the 46Abus route. She is completely oblivious to Leeson Street bridge. She doesn't slow down, and everyone upstairs is thrown around everytime.

Idiot.

haha. At the start of this school year I was a 'leeson street noobie' and stood up twice when upstairs before we crossed the bridge. I got a sore head :/

• Registered Users Posts: 78,375 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Sangre
    Problem is if a bus driver leaves his box to help someone in a fight he isnt covered by the insurance...what a joke.
    I'm not sure about that, perhaps it is policy not to get involved, but any clause in an insurance policy that prevents / discourages someone saving someoone else would probably be ruled contrary to public policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,697 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by Sangre

You sure about this- I'm pretty sure Iarnrod Eireann are self insured-I thought the same would apply to Dublin Bus..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

He drinks and he cusses,and stinks up the buses,
    Hail to the bus driver, bus driver man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I think bus-drivers get a bad rap. I mean not only do they put up with every kind of arsehole in the city (and then some) but then have to spend their day driving round-and-round-and-round in circles til they complete their shift. I know that it'd drive me mad so how the vast majority of them keep on good form at all deserves respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by DeadBankClerk

Idiot.

I think she's learned now, at least the last time she was driver it didn't happen.
    I've always found the 11 drivers to be sound. Never had a problem with any of them (except one 11A driver).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Originally posted by Pigman II
    but then have to spend their day driving round-and-round-and-round in circles til they complete their shift.

What else could being a bus driver possibly entail?
    It's not 'On the buses' and I doubt CIE get too many phone calls from Dennis Hopper either.
    It's hardly an excuse for some of the drivers that act like total assholes.

Advertisement