Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New IBB Product

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I just completed the IBB ftp test, average speed was 29kbps downloading the 100mb file and took 56minutes and im on 512 with them :0, it spiked up to 62kbps for maybe 2 or 3 secs but went down back to 29kbps I will be in contact with them come monday moring fo shizzle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

You mean kBytes per second right?

yes, KB's my mistake there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

Hal1 - what package are you on?
    So if you say 29-65kbps - that relates to 250-500 kbits?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭oneweb

Try this Speed test

I'm not totally sure about speeds, but if, say, it takes 40 minutes to d/l a 10 meg file on 56k, then 100meg would take ~400 mins. 512k is very roughly 9 times the speed of 56k.

Therefore 400mins/9 = 44 mins for a 100meg d/l @ 512k. Right? So you are in fact getting a decent speed.

(I'm open to correction on this one.)

It is what it's.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Chaz
    Hal1 - what package are you on?
    So if you say 29-65kbps - that relates to 250-500 kbits?

Hi Chaz, I am on home breeze plus (512/512, 8:1 contention) package. 1st week download speeds varied from 45- 56kb depending on the time of day , i tested it since i noticed the performance drop on the ibb ftp server and average downlaod speed was 29.75KByte for the 100mbyte file download. Thanks for the reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

If you are getting 30kbps - you are still within your service levels. You are on 1:8 package of 512Kbit - so it can range from 64kbit to 512kbit. It isnt nice when the contention kicks in - but it is there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

30 Kbyte = 240Kbit or so.

Netsource have customers who would almost toast their own goolies to get speeds like that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dieselfreak

I'm really having problems with ping times and have been doing so since about a week after the installation date.

Im getting 100ms ping times to the IBB DNS servers !! average times of 200ms to the IBB public web server !!

Chaz, Im getting a feeling that nothing is going to be done about this, as the download speeds are still above the contended minimum. (downloaded the 100mbfile from your ftp server, getting 65Kbps, Ive got the 1mbit 8:1 service)

I got broadband fot three reasons

1) the pleasure of telling Eircom to disconnect the phone line.
    2) VPN access to my place of work.
    3) online games.

VPN access and gaming isn't working out using IBB

Can anthing be done to rectify these issues ?

Anyone else getting crap ping times using IBB ??

D

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

Do ye guys only come out when it isn't raining? I've been waiting for the engineers to come out, the first week it rained and they didn’t for safety reasons. The second week the van broke down, and the weather forecast reckons there's gonna be a storm today/tomorrow. Suck.

I want prop0r netweb connection!

• Advertisement
Advertisement