Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New IBB Product

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

has any1 actually gotten this installed?

In a recent press release they claim it had been launched last month!?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Any more news released about this product yet?

I am really desperate for cheap, uncapped broadband!

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭vishal

some guy in the broadband forum on boards.ie said that the when the technician came round to do an los check that ripwave would be available soon cos the guy failed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

We are slowly getting beta testers online. There has been fair planning involved to choose suitable testers as we need to ensure that the product can be sold, deployed and supported properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

*cough*dublin15*cough*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Originally posted by pete
    *cough*dublin15*cough*

*cough*ditto*cough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Nitrox

Originally posted by Chaz
    We are slowly getting beta testers online. There has been fair planning involved to choose suitable testers as we need to ensure that the product can be sold, deployed and supported properly.

Hey, who would i have to kill to be on the beta testers list??
    Okay, if not kill then just brake a few bones :cool:

I have just canceld my UTV account and now i need to choose between u guys or Netsource as the only providers with no limit deals, please let me choose IBB, would love to do testing and give all the feedback you need!
    Btw. i am located in the IFSC in D1 (yep, northside, but pleaaase.)
    Chaz is the greatest :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

If your stuck for testers around the Inchicore area give me a shout ;)

The testing is only off the 3 Rock mast. This means that the immediate catchment area is Dundrum, Balinteer, Sandyford etc.

If you have previously failed a LOS for the fixed wireless service and you are in the 3 Rock area - let me know. If you are a potential client - with or without a previous LOS AND are in the 4km or so radius from the tower (indicated in the areas above) then contact me - and I will see if we can get you to do some beta testing for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Nitrox

well, was too good to be true anyway, i would very much be a potential customer, but now i gues it is back to overpriced netsource again... :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

on a completely OTT issue,
    how do you find netsource.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Chaz, I would love to do the testing if you need someone in Holles Street, Dublin 2.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭vishal

chaz, as you are now saying 4km, does this mean that when or if tallaght goes ripwave, will any of clondalkin be covered. I am at newlands cross and am not sure how far away it is from the transmitter. Thanks in advance for your reply.

4 KM is the 'ideal' non los distance. We have seen it do more - but we are working on what the specs are from Navini. Clondalkin is 6-7 kms from Tallaght - a bit of a push - so not likely. It is a guideline - we will adjust it as time goes - but for now - 4 kms is the proposed distance for proper non los.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

even at 100mW power?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Jokah

I see you are all comparing prices about broadband. An excellent guide...

Here is info about Ripwave

URL is http://www.irishbroadband.ie/IBB_offer_ripwave.pdf

Impressive?

http://www.enn.ie/news.html?code=9362703

This is a news article about Ripwave. You might have to subscribe to ENN to see this site. It is a free subscription.

To read more about Ripwave you can go to the site:

http://www.navini.com/pages/products/cpe.htm

The videos are quite informative.

I'd like to hear your comments on this subject and whether or not it will fail or succeed.

Thanks.

XPTHINK.

I feel if the testing of Ripwave does succeed I feel there will be a price war. I know one has to be within 5km of a base station to get this wireless broadband option. Base stations are starting to crop up all over the place.

Best thing also is that it is mobile and I hope this will come in because I do a lot of travelling around the Dublin area.

PIE about site testing, can you just call the people out and get them to check that you will be able to receive this service or can you only do this when you order the product? I live within 1km of the base station in RTE so I feel that there is a chance I can qualify....When I move to another rented house in Blackrock later in October I will also qualify. I really want to know more about this product and any help you can give me, I would appreciate it. I have all the press clippings and have phoned the company. I heard Start of August as a release date?

The sooner this service comes in the better. I use broadband in work but I don't have an I-net connection at home. My parents use ISDN and I will never ever go back to 56k.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

sounds absolutely super !!!

Ripwave availability 1-2km from RTE base station or Blackrock area. I live in Clonskeagh but I am right beside UCD. I am about 1.5 km from the RTE mast and sure as hell want Ripwave.

I hate Eircom for keeping broadband from consumers and charging extortion prices for the service. The sooner this whole area of broadband gets a little competition, the better.

XPTHINK

Is there Ripwave availability 1-2km from RTE base station or Blackrock area? I live in Clonskeagh but I am right beside UCD. I am about 1.5 km from the RTE mast and sure as hell want Ripwave.

Forgot to put the question mark on the post. hehe.......

XPThink

• Advertisement

Want a tester for the UCD area/Roebuck Castle area for Ripwave? I am 1.5km from the rte base station. Even less in fact...

I cannot wait for Ripwave to fully roll out.

Thanks.

XPTHINK

There is no current Ripwave system on RTE. The testing is off 3 Rock.

Will it be on RTE mast anytime soon?

Im sick of not having broadband.

I cant say, simply as I have heard no plans to put it on RTE. I doubt RTE will be used, as there are other sites that can cover that area - but as I said - im not sure as not much has been spoken of future Navini roll out down to site detail.

Much effort has been going into the testing on 3 Rock and getting ourselves ready to mass deploy once ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Chaz, the monitoring software that comes with Ripwave definately said it was connected to the RTE mast when I saw it.

Send me a screenshot ....

LOL - thats odd - unless a 5 man team installed a 2 week project under my nose without telling me or asking me to help carry something.

Im too curious about this RTE system - it could be that the Navini software was setup to have RTE in the name or such - but that software that comes with the kit is not really worth too much - the system will work 100% without - but send me a screeny if you can of the 'RTE Navini'.

So there is no availability of Ripwave in the Roebuck.UCD area or blackrock area yet. Funny in the press release on the website says "The Irish Broadband network is up and running throughout South Dublin and the
    City Centre having secured high sites in Donnybrook, Three Rock, Sandyford,
    Tallaght, Blackrock, the Digital Hub area, Mountjoy Square, and Fitzwilliam Square."

I take it this is not for Ripwave.

Anyway any information available on this in the UCD/ROEBUCK area or Blackrock area is appreciated. If i cannot get it for some months then Im going to have to give my money to eircom. Actually maybe esat cos i like them.

The mentioned sites are with the fixed wireless solution powered by Alvarion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I would post a screenie, but it's not I that has Ripwave. I saw this about a week ago around the Dundrum area.

I'll try to get one later though :]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭teck-x5

The person whom pie relates to as having ripwave is me. :)
    Im in churchtown, and just last week thurs 17th they offered me a trial of their ripwave product.
    The reason they asked me to test it is, last easter i asked for a los of their main wireless product and i failed it beacause there were too many tree's.

Pie is mistaken, im getting my signal from 3 rock. Thats the only place they have a ripwave transmitter.

I dont have much time. so im not gonna go into detail about it at the moment but if u have any questions just ask. :p

Teck

Advertisement