Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PPPoE server not found

Options
  • 31-05-2003 12:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi,

I just got the self-install kit from netsource today, so i rushed off into town to get a d-link dsl 504 (which seems to be popular around here).

Anyway, i've got the d-link configured with the settings from netsource, but i get the error "PPPOE server not found" when i try to connect. I have tried both PAP and CHAP.

The ATM Loopback test works ok.

In the "Line Condition" page it says the ADSL state is "Showtime" - the docs don't mention this state at all.

The graph on the "Carrier Chart" page does not look healthy at all when compared to the sample one in the manual...

I've attached a screenshot in case you are very bored and want to compare it with your own.

I know i should just ring netsource, but presumably there won't be anyone there till tuesday :(

Any ideas? thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭ando

the adsl link light is on, right?

try going into your Configure, Multiple PVC

click disconnect

put in all your settings using Chap as your authentication

click modify, then click connect

My router has 'Showtime' iswell, so I would'nt worry bout that.
    also, try connect on demand as "disabled". Mine wont work if its enabled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Showtime is grand. Line condition should give you the line status and any line errors. Loop distance on mine is 7000 ft :)

Assuming you the get correct lights on your router,:

As in other thread, enable NAT configuration , enable proxy DNS, enable 'get ip address auto', disable DMZ.
    Also I connect by CHAP, VPI - 8, VCI - 35
    Make sure your username is.....name@netsource.ie :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 jarmstrong

Thanks for replying!

I just upgraded the firmware and it worked first time!!!

/me is giggling to himself with excitement!!

Advertisement