Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gainward Geforce FX 5800 Ultra 128mb

• 31-05-2003 10:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

im about to buy this (along with a new q-tec 550w dual fan gold psu) and was wondering if anyone has this card? it runs the "new" DDR II thing. ive seen in some benchmarks that its about the same as the radeon 9800 pro. and is this gainward model quiter than the other cards? i know they've been putting quieter fans on these cards so if anyone can give me some advice that'd be great. and i would wait for the 5900 ultra and get that but i really need a new graphics card soon and cant wait a month as my 9700 pro doesnt like working with my nforce 2 board. so hopefully this'll sort things out

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

chancing my arm here but ye wouldnt be selling that 9700 pro would ye

Regards
    shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

sorry man but ive already got a deal with a guy....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,809 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

it really is worth waiting for the 5900 ultra, even if that means using an old gef2mx or something in the mean time. Even the quiet versions of the 5800 ultra aren't exactly quiet (even nvidia did a piss take video of themselves about it).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

Originally posted by Aragorn
    sorry man but ive already got a deal with a guy....

it was worth a try

Shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I really wouldn't get a 5800. Benchmarks were inflated for it, real-world (game) performance on it wasn't as great as you might have thought. Get a 9800 (which is good), or wait for the 5900.

A 5800 would seriously be a waste of the monies at this point. Even Nvidia are replacing it right now with something better.

• Advertisement
Advertisement