Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

madbulls bf1942 heightmap editor

• 31-05-2003 10:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭

has anyone used this editor, its supposed to be very easy to use, i have it plus all the bits and bobs like the .net framework and the dx managed components.

the map editor works beautifully, can see everything in 3d, but what my problem is, when i insert an object into the map, compile and run it the object doesnt show up

For your info all im doing is following the tutorials in this months pczone magazine to the letter

Regards

Shin

Comments

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

More than likely it has to be assigned certain properties...
    Most proggies like that generally have to be "told" what to recognise the object as.

Highlight the objects and scroll through your list of options and see what can be done.

Never even played the game myself...

TIP for fans of the game...
    Try and find the movie file (.wmv) called Weiner Boy...
    You will be on the floor in tears!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Shin it wont show up as its only a heightmap editor it has trouble placing objects.

And if you place something you have to edit the CON file and repack the RFA which 99% crashes the game.

Try TMT or even better www.bf1942.com in there mapping forum there are stickies covering most issues with mapping.

If you want i can send you the "other" map editor its a lot easier to use.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

Originally posted by KdjaC
    Shin it wont show up as its only a heightmap editor it has trouble placing objects.

And if you place something you have to edit the CON file and repack the RFA which 99% crashes the game.

Try TMT or even better www.bf1942.com in there mapping forum there are stickies covering most issues with mapping.

If you want i can send you the "other" map editor its a lot easier to use.

kdjac

thx m8, this pczone magazine tutorial seems way off, im editing existing maps with the heightmap editor according to the mag it can be done, but im not so sure, ive edited the objectspawns.con as it says to do. but no planes or anything

can ye post a link to the editor ill dl it myself

Thx
    Shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Originally posted by shinzon can ye post a link to the editor ill dl it myself[/B]

I second that. Post the link.

And if I need a modeller; I got a 3DsMAX 5 demo off a Computer Arts issue there a while back. Yet to use it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Just so yas know. EA have bough Madbull out and he's now working on Battlecraft with Zerk and whoever else they've got their little hands on. Fair play though the guy deserves the credit (and money) for his work :)

Dregin

Advertisement