Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The number you have dialed it out of service...

Options
  • 31-05-2003 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭

I keep getting "The number you have dialed is out of service" messages when trying to dial my home line after getting DSL installed.I can dial out fine though.€ircon tested the line and said there was no problem. :confused: Any ideas?

carb.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Did you have isdn before you got dsl?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Originally posted by Mr.Taz
    Did you have isdn before you got dsl?

Nope Taz , but I disconnected everything last night and I still got this out of service message.Weird! :confused:

carb.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Originally posted by carbsy
    €ircon tested the line and said there was no problem.

You never left them off at that did you .... I'd be roaring the place down ..this is an €ircon problem, this is why you pay that line rental .... get the feckers out to fix it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Thats an exchange issue, Get back on the phone and ask to speak to a supervisor and don't take no for an answer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by carbsy
    I keep getting "The number you have dialed is out of service" messages when trying to dial my home line after getting DSL installed.I can dial out fine though.€ircon tested the line and said there was no problem. :confused: Any ideas?

carb.

Do you mean nobody can ring you at all?. Are you sure exchange hasnt changed to 7 digits and the "hard" custover date has been reached.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by jd
    Do you mean nobody can ring you at all?. Are you sure exchange hasnt changed to 7 digits and the "hard" custover date has been reached.

Nopers , can't receive any calls.Been on 7 digits here for ages.I only noticed the problem last night (got DSL installed last week) as when I picked up the phone to dial out , I was greeted by a weird siren sound (2 alternating tones).

I remember getting calls during the week though , so it HAS worked at least once since the DSL was installed.I'd say they've ****ed summat up in the exchange whilst upgrading someone elses line.

carb.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

You will get a strange alternating tone if call forwarding has been set ... try #21# to turn it off

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Eircom said...there was nothing wrong?
    I hope you're going to make a complaint about that! My god! I bet they didn't even bother calling your number to check.
    Wow. Harass the feck out of them, but I think it's safe to say they won't get the finger out this weekend seeing as it's the bank holiday :(

Originally posted by BigEejit
    You will get a strange alternating tone if call forwarding has been set ... try #21# to turn it off

BINGO! Thanks a million kid. :D

I suspect my lil' niece was messing with the phone whilst I was out yesterday. ;)

Advertisement