Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sh*t Sound Quality From Dvd?

Options
  • 31-05-2003 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

Can anyone help me..the quality of sound from my DVD player is woeful, through big feck-off telly. Getting sound of tv station coming through when playing Dvds.Using bog standard scart, don't wanna splash out for surround sound effort, any solutions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Can you elaborate a little more please? Are you getting the sound from your DVD and cable TV at the same time through your TV's speakers?

What model TV and DVD are you using? I have come across a similar problem on certain Sony and Loewe TVs before and might be able to help.

Regards,

Robbie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭thetrickykid

Sound from tv and Dvd coming through tv's speakers ,yeah. Dvd is Sony with a new-ish 32" Philips telly. I wonder would better quality scart lead do the trick?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

how are you getting the tv signal?
    is it from an aerial or a set-top-box connected with a scart also?
    also do you have a VCR connected to the telly and how is it connected?

afaik, if you are watching a dvd thru a scart connection then anyother input is ignored (this is a very simplistic way of explaining how my setup looks/works)

I have a phillips dvd and an old 21" phillips tv. the dvd is connected by scart to tv. when the dvd player is turned on, the tv automatically switches to the scart input, no mater what channel is being displayed, and the only way to go back to tv channles is to turn off the dvd player

is the sound output set up correctly on the dvd?

Advertisement