Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Franke Sheahan

• 31-05-2003 3:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

Got a big shock when i heard about the positive test, but it looks like he is probably innocent. What a relief. we dont need cheaters

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

apparently he just ticked the wrong box during a drug test after the Munster vs Toulouse match thus meaning his record was filed incorectly and they became unaware that he needed something which he has no been temporarilyy banned for using.

i think he needed it due to having asma or something

he is not a cheater

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

oh ya i know hes not. just sayin ireland dont need cheaters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

http://www.planet-rugby.com/LATEST_NEWS/story_28297.shtml

Read about it here and it does genuinely sound like a cock up.

But he still has been found guilty of a dopeing offence and will surely have to pay some price!

And of course we can accept irish sports people cheat, but we just dont like to admit it when they are national heroes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭mollser

This happened to a couple of kiwi players recently, and I think it got brushed under the carpet because of the absurdity of the situation. The fella is diagnosed with asthma, and took his Ventolin inhaler as one does. In fact, if he hadn't taken it he may have had difficulty breathing. The fact he incorrectly ticked a box (and only once - had declared it before to the IRFU), should surely be almost insignificant, given he is diagnosed an asthmatic.

Shane Warne was caught taking diaretics, a weight loss pill, and rightly got slammed. Why should a fella whose just trying to control his breathing have the same done to him? Not fair.

And its not just cos he's Irish, I couldn't believe it happened to those kiwi's either. And Michelle Smith is a cheat no matter what - so are plenty of other athletes - stop picking on the innocent ones!

And poor ould Frankie - he's going to miss one hell of a pee up in Freemantle on Saturday night - can't wait!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tugowar

I think Frankie is very unlucky not to have Cathal McKeever of the Northern Ireland Tug-O-War Association as his chairman. When two of Cathal's favourite team Richill, Davy Donaldson and Adam Atkinson, tested positive for the performance enhancing drug 'ephadrene', Cathal conveniently covered up the positive drug tests and gave them a three month out of season ban. They also had the fortune to have their names kept from the public domain. Innocent Frankie was named and shamed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Originally posted by daveirl
    Em sorry but why do we in Ireland have a problem accepting that our sports people can and are cheats.

Frankie Sheahan at worst deliberately took illegal substances and at best is a foolish person for screwing up the form.

He's a professional sport's person, it's his job to be 100% aware of what he's putting in his body and there is no excuse if he wasn't.

Michelle Smith pleaded innocence too :rolleyes:

what r u on about there!! I he just ticked the wrong box like! Why would he want to hide that fact that he has to use and inhaler! And i dunno why u r comparing him to Michelle Smith, she was clearly proved a cheat, so i dunno what u were going for there!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Originally posted by daveirl
    Em sorry but why do we in Ireland have a problem accepting that our sports people can and are cheats.

Frankie Sheahan at worst deliberately took illegal substances and at best is a foolish person for screwing up the form.

He's a professional sport's person, it's his job to be 100% aware of what he's putting in his body and there is no excuse if he wasn't.

Michelle Smith pleaded innocence too :rolleyes:

We do have a problem accepting it because our sports pros are regularly not cheats. Michelle de Bruin is worst case scenario. Frankie Shehan is not a cheat by any description. A model professional.

It was technicalitly, nothing more. Asthma thingy

Advertisement