Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom ADSL - Win 98/Me ONLY

Options
  • 31-05-2003 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

Subscribed Day 1 - still not working - Eircom say problems with Zyxel drivers - have already re-installed older driver but left with nasty hanging problem (oooh!) - Eircom rang Friday and said they were despatching new modems to Win 98/Me customers and to hold on to the Zyxel ones until the saw if the new (Lucent I think) ones work.

Naturally they have billed me as if everything worked from day 1 and it seems they have an infinite number of departments working for them that do not know about the others - just this one for example - rang 1902 on Fri to complain that the cost was on the Bill - 1901 say they don;t deal with braodband charges querie - ring 1800 560460 - rang it and they said I had to ring 1901 !! - aarrrghh

Anybody else out there with the same problem ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Originally posted by Buzz_Irl
    have already re-installed older driver but left with nasty hanging problem

Are you using Windows 98se by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Buzz_Irl

No - I'm using Win Me - but from talking to Eircom it seems to be mostly Win 98 users - originally certain sites could not be accessed - but then when they went back a driver version it is left with thae random hanging (for about 60 secs) problem.

Are you one of us !
    Buzz

No, I just know that the hanging thing is a problem on 98se, an update of the NDIS drivers fixes it. Doesn't happen on ME.
    What version of those drivers are you using? I've gotten that modem working on ME before without a problem.

DriverVer=07/01/2001,5.3.0000.900

Hope this makes sense - not too hot around the network side - this was in the NDISIP in Windows/inf

Thks for help

Buzz

I meant the Zyxel drivers.

• Advertisement

Weird, I've used those ones on ME and there wasn't a problem.
    Did you install it as a network adapter (RFC 1483) or did you pick PPPoE?

RFC1483 shows on the system control panel - but with the previous drivers Eircom said to pick PPoE

Are you using that Enternet software? You could always install RasPPPoE instead and see if that makes a difference.
    Or else google around for the 1.7 drivers, they work on ME too.
    After that, it could just be your installation of Windows or some hardware conflict.

will try 2morrow Frank - thks for help

Buzz

• Advertisement
Advertisement