Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enter the matrix : play as neo

Options
  • 31-05-2003 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

I got Enter the Matrix for ps2 and got a few cheats for it ,
    some cheats say that you can get neo, ive tryed the code but it doesnt work, Its pretty stupid, neo should be in the game !
    Is it possible to get him (ps2 version) ?.

How does the multiplayer cheat work, btw.

Thanks.

P.s : Went into the A:\System\password.txt and it told me to go to www.thematrixonline.com and gave me some numbers... to crack :confused: :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

You can play as Neo in the PC version by moving files about, theres no cheat for it - but I dont know about PS2 version.

Sparks gives you the code to enable multiplayer, but since that doesn't work on the PC version im not sure how it works :(

As for the password.txt file - if you load the high bandwidth version of the site, in the upper right corner there is a small (flash) button which brings up a new window where you can enter codes. As of yet there is no content for that code, but there should be closer to revolutions release.

It doesn't end with password.txt though - 'hacking' lets you enter a variety of cheat codes (list after credits after beating game), view art/maps/etc from the game/movies, use the sword from reloaded - its kind of a subgame.

You'll know you've done all the 'hacking' you can, when you're told to get back to the main mission/game. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

ok thanks, dang, i wanted to Play as neo.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭public_enemy

type in "CHEAT D5C55D1E" to enable multiplayer fighting in the level select menu. its crap, but still....
    pretty average game overall too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

I am actually quite liking it a lot since the patch to 154 came out. The controls on the PC were a bit wonky, but it's seems way more fluid now when your playing.

I like the speed of the segments and the fact that I am not tempted to save after killing a single character/agent every 3 seconds like most PC games (I am weak).

It's no Deus Ex, but it's a lot of fun and the martial arts, flips and cartwheels, wall-running is all very cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

The pc version is cack... I swapped it for the ps2 version which is infinitely better !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

Hey Captain,

Where did you see V1.54 patch for Matrix?

Originally posted by Xithus
    The pc version is cack... I swapped it for the ps2 version which is infinitely better !

Is this really true? I couldn't decide, but got the PC version after reading the many reviews and assuming that it would get patching (this is how I determine which version to buy - e.g., GTA:VC IMHO is simply better on PS2, some games get released months and months in advance of PC).

The patch is at :
    http://www.atarisupport.com/faq/enterthematrixdownloads_pc.asp

Quote from page:
    What is introduced for this patch compared to the retail version:
    Cleaner graphics during gameplay and cineractives.
    New "Matrix Options Screen" that gives the user many more options.
    The user can Alt-Tab to switch to another application during gameplay.
    EAX option now works properly.

I don't have EAX, don't care about Alt-Tab and haven't noticed the Matrix Options bit at all but definitely the mouse control seems a lot smoother; I also dropped it to 800x600, although it's running on a 9700Pro it seemed to make a difference in the mouse updates (the left to right moviement seemed way WAY to slow compared to up and down). Doesn't fix the camera but for some reason it did make the game more playable, so I chose not to return it for the PS2 version.

I have the ps2 verion , i am getting the pc one of a friend, i rather play that game on pc for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Doc Evil

The best thing about the Pc Version is that it might, just might be modded some time in the future to improve the game.

I mean the engine isnt that bad, just everything else

ww) ww)

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭public_enemy

i have it on gamecube and its considerably faster and smoother than the ps2 version. i'd rather have gotten it on pc considering the ridiculous amount of flaws that could be potentially fixed in patches, plus i generally prefer keyboard and mouse to a control pad for any game with a gun. actually, i'd rather have gotten metroid prime, but my brother bought it not me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

two things pissed me off about the game

1. the sniper rifle on pc it's terrible
    2. the running of the characters?

the running looks so shonky i hope to fix it and b4 you say anything i know they run like that in the movie when they are running towards a hardline but not the whole time if ya know what i mean.

it's still pretty avg. game though but i enjoyed it cept for the aeroplane tower bit where u gotta shoot the tire.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Yeah I hated that Aeroplane bit. As if it wasn't hard enough to hit the tyre, you have to beat the agent in the helicopter too before you can save.
    I tried a few of the cheats. I got the sword which is preaty cool but multiplayer doesn't work - I have the PC game.
    The only thing I didn't enjoy about the game was the running! The gameplay was straightforward: Go into buuilding -> Kill anything that moves -> Get Package/message/trapped friend -> Get Out, but it's the execution that got me hooked. Just jumping into the middle of a SWAT team and kicking kung fu ass in bullet time. And then there's dodging bullets, that was fun.

I actually really like. I am at the reactor maybe half way through. I don't know, it's nice the way it fills out the movie's story.

I prefer the saving method - it adds a sense of urgency and speed to the game that avoids a save-a-thon aka most PC FPS games, and the urgency created perfectly matches that from the movie IMHO.

I don't think it's meant to be anything but complimentary to the movie and as it stands it's block like lack of texturing in places actually does suit the subject matter more. The jung fu fighting is great, especially disarming opponents mid fights and flipping an entry-shotgun back in their face. Looks awesome.

i got it for the pc, i cant find an skins or anything to get neo.

Get me neo !!!

please.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

Originally posted by Placebo
    i got it for the pc, i cant find an skins or anything to get neo. Get me neo !!! please.

Here

Thanks alot man

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

there is one bit I think where an agent turns into a swat guy, which does not make sense!!
    otherwise great game, in other games there are no moves, and the bullet time effects are ten times better than max payne. The driving bits are worse than shiiite but there arent too many, the agents kick a$$

Advertisement