Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shinobi!!!

Options
  • 31-05-2003 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭

okies, have seen the adds for shinobi on mtv 2 times so far and was stunned by them! I couldn't belive that they were releasing shinobi after sooooooo long. I used to play the game on saga megadrive sooo much when i was younger!!! my question is will it really live up to it's earlier games! if anyone has played it yet let me know. i'll have to wait and hope they release it on pc!! no chance of me buying a ps2 at this stage. so let me know!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

shinobi kicks ass i havnt played the new game but ive seen videos on a demo disk- you can play fo a short time as the old shinobi in white

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

1 word sums this game up - CRAP. What a pile of rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Originally posted by kensutz
    CRAP. What a pile of rubbish.

thats more than one word

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

why is it crap ?
    jesus, all the games coming out for ps2 are crap, everyone says the matrix is crap too, i dont find it bad at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

This is going for 45 euro in Smyths so I said I'd give it a lash. I used play Revenge of Shinobi and the arcade original a hell of a lot in my youth. I'd been a bit put off by all the negative press the game has got but most game mags are full of **** and I should really stop letting them colour my judgement.

I think they've done an excellent job of updating it. They've introduced a more sophisticated combat system and for the most part it works very well. The enemies block and dodge about the place and killing a group of enemies in the right order is essentiel.

Being able to combo flying enemies to sail across a bottomless pit is very fun. You can double jump, kill, double jump, kill, dash, land running on a wall and the camera keeps track of things pretty well.

The character/monster design and animation are fantastic. The graphics themselves are less stellar but not shabby by any stretch of the imagination.

I'm finding this to be very compulsive playing. They've changed the franchise enough to stop things getting tired but it still has some things that your either going to love or hate; the level design is disorientating, the bosses take a long time to kill and the game in general is really, really ****ing difficult.

My recommendation is give it a go if you like a nice action game. Most of the game magazines panned it because it was an arcade game and not Devil May Cry. The truth is there is room for both kinds of action game and they should have judged it by its own merits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

yeah when i saw the adds for it, it looked very capcon like, was kinda surprised to see that they ddin't have their hand in the production of it. will have to give it a try if i can get my hands on my sisters playstation 2 :)

Advertisement