Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie question about networks

Options
  • 31-05-2003 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

I am in the middle of setting up a wire and wireless network in my house to enable internet sharing between my dads laptop, the home computer and my laptop. I dont think i have any problem getting the equipment but i have one problem

My dads laptop's internet settings are set for his office network. So the proxy address is something like 192.168.0.3. But i want to use a router for the connection sharing. Is this possible? And how would i set it up?

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Just disable the proxy settings and gateway through the router.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭corkie

Originally posted by sikes

My dads laptop's internet settings are set for his office network.

Can't you create two user profiles on his laptop, one for the office and one for the home pc?

or

What about using Hardware Profiles?
    He can then tell is laptop where he is using it at boot up!

If you need more help send me a private message!

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭jim_bob

Originally posted by corkie

What about using Hardware Profiles?
    !

AFAIK you can only use this if you have say two networks cards of modens, will not work with just setting as in ip's and stuff , you will have to get some software or something to do that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

thanks for the reply. after my leaving i am going to sort it out. May have a few questions. As long as there are a few options which you have listed here.

thanks

Advertisement