Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DM4 - the attraction???

Options
  • 28-06-1998 4:53pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

<center>sitelogo.gif</center>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Yeah DM4 is level to be played either on a LAN or with a sub 160 ping or else u'll end up in the lava more times than not. I can't play this level either so u could just say that I'm whinging too :) But really whats the attraction, is it maybe that u can drop quad greenades to nearly all respawn points from the same place(sounds like a nice handy way to control a level to me!!)

SB...

: Lo all,
    : Just me havin' a little rant and rave here, so take no notice!

: As I loaded the board today, I see the DM4 God thingy appearing infront of me. Now I know that loads of the ninjas out there love the level, but I just can't see the attraction.
    : It's a good level, but it's not THAT good.

: Maybe for those of you that have a good connection, or play lots of LAN quake (like me) it's groovy, but when you're lagged to the heavens (like me) it's a hopeless level. You can't go through a teleport without either landing in lava or a grenade "dropped" by your opponent.
    : There are LOADS of great levels out there...DM2 is a WAY better level...as if E1M5 (my personal favourite).

: So why is it that 9 times out of 10, when I go onto the duel servers for a look, it's DM4 beiong played???

: I know I'm not the only one that thinks this, so come on all you DM4 h8ers, lets start a revolution!!! ; )

: I'm trying to winge because I'm crap at the level, I KNOW THAT!!! The simple fact of the matter is, I'm crap at Quake, but we won't go into that here!

: I'm just really wondering what y'all think out there in Quakeland.

: Dav

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

DM4 is not for muppets.

Hi Kharn,

Ya gotta admit, DM4 is THE most action-packed level.

DM4 is the also best level for HPB's.

It's a myth that it's an lpb level. In dm4 you don't have to be able to shoot, it's all prediction and stuff (no open area shootouts).

If you don't believe me play GI.Meridian. Even Chaos kicks butt on english servers with a 350 ping, and he's crap :).

I gotta get the dm4 thingy rolling again - I'll do something on it this evening - it will be the source of vons ninja irish demos.

: As I loaded the board today, I see the DM4 God thingy appearing infront of me. Now I know that loads of the ninjas out there love the level, but I just can't see the attraction.

: Maybe for those of you that have a good connection, or play lots of LAN quake (like me) it's groovy, but when you're lagged to the heavens (like me) it's a hopeless level. You can't go through a teleport without either landing in lava or a grenade "dropped" by your opponent.
    : There are LOADS of great levels out there...DM2 is a WAY better level...as if E1M5 (my personal favourite).

: So why is it that 9 times out of 10, when I go onto the duel servers for a look, it's DM4 beiong played???

: I know I'm not the only one that thinks this, so come on all you DM4 h8ers, lets start a revolution!!! ; )

: I'm trying to winge because I'm crap at the level, I KNOW THAT!!! The simple fact of the matter is, I'm crap at Quake, but we won't go into that here!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

• Advertisement

I guess that makes me a muppet :( oh well

SB...

: DM4 is not for muppets.

I'm still with Kharn on this one.

SB...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Rhob

While all other dm levels are about being sly - faking lifts etc, dm4 is the greatest test of quaking dexterity. It puts your aim/reflexes to the test, and u gotta play an intelligent game of quake to come off on top. Another attraction is that it plays so fast, meaning a decent player can come back from 6 frags behing with a minute left. be realistic - u CANT put a grenade on every respawn point. any high pinger with a bit of manual control wont go swimming every 10 seconds.

: While all other dm levels are about being sly - faking lifts etc, dm4 is the greatest test of quaking dexterity. It puts your aim/reflexes to the test, and u gotta play an intelligent game of quake to come off on top. Another attraction is that it plays so fast, meaning a decent player can come back from 6 frags behing with a minute left. be realistic - u CANT put a grenade on every respawn point. any high pinger with a bit of manual control wont go swimming every 10 seconds.

If you've got a craap comp you'll go swimming and blowing yerself off walls. A good mchine is more important than ping imo.

Advertisement