Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NTL Front Row Movies Scrapped

• 01-06-2003 1:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I noticed there was no front row movies listed on my NTL digital today, so I rang them. They told me that they have discontinued the service.

I suggested that they should've told their customers of this.

The NTL digital service is just getting worse, and worse. I thought digital tv was supposed to offer more choice not cut down on it.

Wippet

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

Yeah I noticed this too. I've used the service a few times and found it good. Perhaps they need to free up bandwidth to allow for these additional new channels launching this month.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Indeed closing Front Row does free up 4 channels. Strange they were able to do this without a software update. The On Demand screen now lists only "Events" and "Adult", while channels 201-299 have been removed from the EPG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

They are advertising NTL digital on TV at the moment.During this ad they mention the Front Row Movies.I am sure i saw this over the weekend .How can it make sense to drop these channels and carry on advertising them:confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

They don't seem to be advertising front row on their website anymore though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

Yeah that ad was made about 1 year ago. They are probs preparing new ads for the new service about to launch. I've heard by scrapping front row they've free'd up alot more bandwidth then 4 channels to allow to these "many" new channels coming this month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭SteM

I didn't even notice Front Row Movies was gone, never used it to be honest. Hopefully this means that there is more space on the EPG for them to fill up with shopping channels and the like :D

Shopping channels - R ye mad??? :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭SteM

Originally posted by celticfc
    Shopping channels - R ye mad??? :mad:

Nope, it was a joke! There's too much sh*t in NTL Digital as it is. The addition of God TV or whatever it's called doesn't help much.

Originally posted by SteM
    There's too much sh*t in NTL Digital as it is. The addition of God TV or whatever it's called doesn't help much.

You must be mad , the God channel is the best one on it now :rolleyes: :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

I love NASN and Zee TV(being able to speak the language and all)...im gonna unsubscribe from sky sports and sky movies and go for them 2 instead

• Advertisement
Advertisement