Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beeping...

• 01-06-2003 12:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,526 ✭✭✭✭

OK, new mobo installed last week. Everything is going ok, except for one small issue...

My PC speaker goes nuts while playing a game (any game). Its starts off with a beep here and there. The beeps get more frequent the more I play. 10 minutes into a game, my PC sounds like a siren.

The beeps are 2 tone - its like beep BEEP beep BEEP.

Before I just disconnect the flippin' thing, I want to know if its some kind of warning for something.

- Dave.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

temperature sensor warning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭marauder

FWIW I would check the manual and find out what it means - it can't be good and probably should not be ignored....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Ya think tis the temp sensor warning either on the chip or on the mobo m8... if its new as u say it,ll have those two on nearly all new mobos

check website model or manual for beep warnings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,526 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nothing on the manual. Will check the website tomorrow.

Got a fan for the 5¼ inch bay. I'll see if that makes any difference when I install it in the morning.

- Dave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,526 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Installed a new fan at the front, and separated my two harddrives (they were side by side).

Seems to have done the trick. Played vice city for a half an hour - no beeps!

Thanks for the help, folks..

- Dave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

No probs m8 anytime

Advertisement