Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creative Inspiron 5.1 volume cable issue

Options
  • 01-06-2003 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

I have a Creative Inspiron 5.1 set of speakers for my pc and a soundblaster live! soundcard.
    The problem
    I've lost the volume cable for the speakers. I tweaked around for hours to try and get the speakers on line without the cable to no avail.When I do a creative diagnostic everything passes except when I press test speakers, there's no sound
    Does anyone have any idea how to ket the speakers on without a volume cable.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

I presume you mean the cable with the volume dial on the end of it. You'll have to either order a replacement, or spend a while poking a wire into the connector at the back, hoping you get one that'll tell it the volume is at max or something. :)

That or sell it on cheap and buy another set...

How did you manage to lose it? :)

If you want someone to take it off your hands I'd be willing to, since I already have one I can probably put together a dodgy replacement from looking at my one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 blacktooth

Yeh I guess I'll order a new cable. My kid cut the damn thing in half.
    I've already tried poking around with the wires.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Oh, thats not too bad. I just looked inside mine, the wires are coloured so one can reconnect that easily enough.

I hope you kept the bits!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 blacktooth

Yeh the wires are coluored alright but after spending 30min wiring them into a hardware screw connector thingy the damn thing was still as dead as a doornail.

I might give it one more go

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭demac

Creative are based in Blanchardstown so it might be worth contacting them. They might have replacement part available. Here's their website address

http://www.europe.creative.com

Be sure to have the exact model number ready when you do contact them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement