Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For the doubters

Options
  • 01-06-2003 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭

ive had a few people doubt my claims that i have run my p4 1.8a at 3.1 gigs plus, this of course is nothing special people at overclockers.com (check cpu database) have cpus of the same stepping at 3.7 etc.

anyway since ive sold my wc i dont run the cpu day to day at 3.11 as i need to have my fan on my hs(slk 900) at 12v and its too loud :( but it can still benchmark at 3.1 if i wish

heres some piccys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

3d mark 01 score at 3.11, i actually have gotten higher scores since at lower speeds, due to overclocking gpu higher and increasing memory bandwidth by using lower cpu speeds and upping the mem speeds

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=6569895

another piccy aswell

final piccy and best 3d mark score at lower speed

16455, i know it should be higher but im a lazy git, cant be bothered with all that tweaking

score here:http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=6569914

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

**** dude i,ll give u a pat on the back for that.. its a big achievement in my books and i see all the charlatans aint replied back yet.. just as i thought m8 !!

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Drunk pirate

How does it run?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

What I find funny is that you don't even play games on it, or indeed anything that required that kinda ooomph! Crazed genius.

• Advertisement

hehe ive started playin games on it mark, bloody splinter cell requires all the oomph it can get let me tell ya :(

and bloody champ man 4 too, games are gone nuts :D

its a big achievement in my books and i see all the charlatans aint replied back yet.. just as i thought m8 !!

oh and tbh it isnt that big an achievement i had a fair idea that the chip would do 3gigs plus as it was a c1 stepping

the power is in the knowledge young jedi ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I think you'd have to add money to that list. Tis not a cheap hobby.

too true, still cheaper than cars and home hifi which i can see getting a hold of me as soon as i start earning some cash :(

Advertisement