Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screen Saver On Win XP Pro

Options
  • 01-06-2003 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭

Ok this is the story, When I lock my XP workstation by using the windows key and L , the screen saver doesent come on.. does anyone know if there is some way a round this >

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

in your display properties wait is time it is set to, maybe set it to one minute:ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

I just tested mine and it worked fine. It's not an XP pro problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

hey Cal67, whats your screensaver/power settings at so? 'cos it
    ain't working on XP pro for meh... it just goes straight onto the
    welcome screen...

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

Ah!

There may be some slight confusion here. When you lock your workstation (windows key & L) it does go to the Welcome/logon screen. This is normal. I'm not aware of it ever going straight to the screensaver. It will however go to screensaver after the time set in your settings.

It is possible to have a shortcut to your screensaver on your desktop of quicklaunch bar if you would like to go straight to screensaver. You can also have the option of 'On resume display welcome screen' ticked so as to give you an element of security if required.

Cal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

hmm... that would make more sence! :)

tried the screen saver shortcut thing, and afaik, that'll only
    shortcut to a screensaver, ie. "C:\WINDOWS\system32
    \sspipes.scr", and not invoke the current screensaver...
    which would be better. ww)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Originally posted by Cal67
    Ah!

There may be some slight confusion here. When you lock your workstation (windows key & L) it does go to the Welcome/logon screen. This is normal. I'm not aware of it ever going straight to the screensaver. It will however go to screensaver after the time set in your settings.

It is possible to have a shortcut to your screensaver on your desktop of quicklaunch bar if you would like to go straight to screensaver. You can also have the option of 'On resume display welcome screen' ticked so as to give you an element of security if required.

Cal

True you do have to wait a minute for it to kick over

Advertisement