Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horoscopes (I am the walrus on the scales of the universal light)

Options
  • 02-06-2003 12:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭

Am i well balanced? i ask myself this when i think, gee, i am a libra. so i wish to know who else here feels they act out they're horoscopes trait, granted it's a big pile of donky dung, but what things to we all share that they can just highlight especially in personalitys to us all. yeah.
    I'm going to post stuff to the cannabis thread in humanities now. join me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

I dunno about the Horoscope but i DID once have an enlightening conversation on the bus with some Norwegian pagan who told me about the origins of a lot of cosmology and of the Norwegian pantheon. And no, I'm actually not making this up. He's actually dead on and quite knowledgable when it comes to his faith. Nice guy too. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

I think there's a lot of truth in astrology. Not the crappy predictions in the back of the teen-angst-pop-culture magazines, but the kind that takes into account the time you were born (which becomes your rising sign,) in what month (your sun sign- like libra, which i am as well) and the positions of all the planets when you were born. (i.e. if you have a stellium of certain planets, etc.)
    A lot of people think its a load of bs, but its always been true for me- it's rather scary how accurate it is for me, actually. I think it depends on the person, though.
    (interesting subject :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Hmmm... i think there may be some truth, but most people take what they want out of them and this is why they are purposely vague.

<< Fio >>

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Green Hand Guy

Think of it this way. If horoscopes are true then 1/12 of the worlds population all have very similar things happening to them at the same time. I'm a gemini which should mean that I'm loud, mean and tidy but I'm nothing like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Sev

Well, I'm a libra too.. I'd say its a pretty fair assessment.

• Advertisement

That's the thing... as was stated, magazine horoscopes are hideously over simplified. I mean, the art of divination is one of subtlety that has been lost to the ages... <sigh> I'd love to know how to read the entrails of animals...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Originally posted by Green Hand Guy
    I'm a gemini which should mean that I'm loud,
    When talking about LOTR, yes
    mean
    When someone has just insulted LOTR, yes
    and tidy
    And yes. Your room is always incredibly tidy. And that isn't the kind of thing that I should say on the internet, but it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I have a theory that whether the horoscopes prove accurate depends on whether you expect it to. Even if it's not at all accurate, the way you think about it makes it seem more accurate to you than it really was. It's all in the mind.

I'm a Gemini and confirm to all the traits except loud. Wait, no, that's bull****. I'm as loud as I can be most of the time.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

I dislike the idea of horoscopes... for example.. I'm a leo
    On the downside: You may have a heavy ego, and you can be arrogant, vain, and extravagant.
    Your good qualities include: A strong vitality, honorable, creative, generous, dignified.
    Developing your own self identity and mode of creative energy expression will be your ongoing life's work.

This really doesn't sound like me in my opinion (except for the first one, maybe? =\ ).. and I can't see why we are actually taking this as a serious post because s0l was obviously stoned off his arse :D

Aye, that he was. Was talking to him meself online that night. But doesn't matter... It's something to talk about and with impending doom <hilarious doom albeit> it's nice to have something to distract my attention so shut it. And Hugh, that DOES sound like you. But that's just my opinion..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

I'm a gemini which should mean that I'm loud, mean and tidy

I'M LOUD, MEAN AND TIDY!!! *shouting at small children whilst cleaning them*

but see i was born on may 21st, which means i'm on the cusp of taurus and gemini, so am i loud, mean and tidy or am i

quote: katiecoutts.com
    'Placid And Security Loving, Self-indulgent And Greedy
    Warm-Hearted And Loving, Resentful
    Patient And Reliable, Jealous And Possessive
    Persistent And Determined, Inflexible' ??

geminis are also
    'Youthful And Lively, Cunning
    Adaptable And Versatile, Nervous And Tense
    Intellectual And Eloquent, Superficial And Inconsistent
    Communicative And Witty, Inquisitive '
    it seems we also l'ack conscientousness' but are 'affectionate, courteous, kind, generous, and thoughtful'

and this is so hoho me: 'escaping blame by contriving to put it on other people, wrapped it up in all the charm they can turn on.'
    'Geminians also demand attention, admiration, similar to that of a child as well as spending time, money and energy, then throwing more tantrums if they don't get what they want.'

going by that website, i'd say that horoscope for gemini is pretty darn accurate for me. the taurean one is a pile of poo though. so i'm guess i'm following the one i want to believe. hmmm. the gemini one doesn't make me sound very nice though... *turns on charm*

i don't read horoscopes usually because the only readily available ones should be thrown in a scud bucket, and because i don't know whether i'm really a taurus or a gemini *sniff*. when my friends read them i watch them and secretly think it's kind of sad.

Heh... I think that starsigns should be kept vague... very simple descriptions. The most common Gemini thing is that we're creative, but very inconsistant and we don't tend to focus on a single thing for very long...

After that i consider it a bigger pile of horse sh1t than normal horoscope stuff...

But I dunno. I DO fit what a Gemini is supposedly... so maybe there's something in it. Or is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Green Hand Guy

That actually sounds a bit like me. I never stick at anything. But then, I'm sure there are people of all the other star signs who are like that too.

And Barry, try telling my Mam that my room's too tidy. Although she does think your a bit sad so she probably wouldn't listen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭s0l

Well, it's pretty acurate....
    apart from the flirtatious thing, but then, I am gullible, so maybe i'm not the best judge for this :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

I believe in it to a certain extent. I'm a Taurus with the sun rising in Taurus and the moon in Venus, mars in Leo. (I dunno what that means -got one of those charts with the stickers in a sunday mag), in other words I'm the worst kind of Taurus. Yep the typical description is me all over

/wasn't there some reference about the hobbits being based on Taureans or someat?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Well I'm just about a Virgo, though I'm on a cusp with Leo which means that on one hand I'm meant to be extrovert, spontaneous, fiery, passionate, untidy etc but on the other hand I'm meant to be introvert, tidy, organised, reserved, sympathetic blah blah. If I do have all these traits then at least I'm unpredictable, which is always nice
    As for Chinese starsigns, I'm a Fire Tiger, and in Egyptian signs I'm an Anubis

Advertisement