Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netsource Trouble - Sunday Night

Options
  • 02-06-2003 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭

Has anybody else been disconnected since last night? Mine disconnected at about 12.45 last night and I haven't been able to reconnect since. I back on dial-up now and its killing me :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 DAZ321

Just to let you know i to have been disconnected.I nearly forgot how much i hate this dial up connection. I hope they fix this soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

No problems here.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

No problems here either, in fact, I had the best download speeds and pings last night since I was first connected :)

It must be a local problem. I tried to ring support but no answer because of bank holiday.

I'm on Eircom's i stream and it's down locally here too.
    I got through to their helpline and they immediately told me that there was a problem at my exchange and that it wouldn't be fixed untill tomorrow :(

I presume, that means, all DSL from that exchange is out?? even E sat and Netsouce??
    mm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

What exchange are ye on? I'm on the Douglas exchange in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Originally posted by JohnK

I'm on the Quaker Road exchange in Cork and all is well here.

carb.

Count yourself lucky. I've nearly got the shakes & cold sweats from lack of downloads :(

Originally posted by JohnK
    Arklow.
    I was told a lot of people called in today with no dsl for here.
    And yes being back on dial up is a pain aaaaagh!:eek:
    mm

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

Ya i'm on Douglas exchange with netsource, same problem.

is it me, or has dial-up gotten even slower :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭DaithiSurfer

Think about this.
    You pay €55 + VAT per month (31 days) to Netsource.
    = €2.14 per day (inc vat)
    Already people here have had 3 days downtime this month.
    Thats nearly €6.50 that you have paid and got no service for.
    In fact it has cost you more money because you have to pay eircom for normal dialup.

So thats €6.50 that Netsource owe each customer whos connection is down.
    Lets say they have only 100 customers.
    €650 they will have to refund.
    But of course noone is asking them for a refund.

If people do send emails and get refunds then it costs Netsource when your connection is down.

I garauntee that they won't wait till after the weekend to fix it then.

Just my thoughts :)

I've already sent them an email demanding my refund. Its the only way to get them to act quickley in future.

just to make you feel better.
    My Eircom i-stream is still off here and they don't know what the problem is, except everybody in the area is out... :(
    mm

still gone :mad:

STILL DOWN

It back up for me now. Download speeds peaked at 51.5k and my pings are in the low 40's to uk games servers :)
    When I rang Netsource today they said one eircom exchange had gone down but that that was affecting a few other exchanges. Hopefully everybody is back online now or at least will be soon.

yay - Back.

I'm back aswell:D
    Dial up, it should be abolished really:D
    mm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Per Netsource: Five major exchanges down since Sunday evening. Eircom took no action until Tuesday mid morning.

I would like to know what 'action' Netsource took and are taking against Eircom ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

• Go off-air for over 40 hours
    • Do nothing about it for most of that time
    • Charge your customers 11c per 3 minutes to use a wholly inadequate backup dial up service, without any offer of compensation
    • Charge your customers 74c per minute “technical support” on a 1550 number to discover that there is actually a service fault and that you are wholly responsible
    • Demonstrate your communications skills and internet prowess by posting NOTHING WHATSOEVER on you website to indicate that there is a service fault, that you are wholly responsible for the fault, that you are doing nothing about it and that you have no clue whatsoever when service might be resumed
    This outfit are wasters. Totally utterly contemptible wasters. Anti consumer. Anti national-interest. Disinterested in its paying customers. Wholly undeserving of their protected status and privileged position.

I have attempted to offer a neutral line in the past in realtion to this cowboy outfit, pleading that people give them an opportunity to redeem themselves. Forget it, they are beyond redemption.

Originally posted by Piliger
    Per Netsource: Five major exchanges down since Sunday evening. Eircom took no action until Tuesday mid morning.

I would like to know what 'action' Netsource took and are taking against Eircom ?
    I'll pretty much guess it's all in the small print.
    It's definitely probably( I love that phrase ) in the customer contracts small print, ie Eircom have that sown up.
    So outages are to be expected and expect nothing to be done in a hurry as , Fixing things too soon cost Eircom money :rolleyes:
    Eircoms engineering section are only slowly getting to grips with the fact that they are in the private sector now.
    Their management are behaving like they are still entitled to be a monopoly.

Complain to ComReg... for all the good it will do:rolleyes:
    They might withdraw eircoms licence...but I doubt it.
    mm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭DaithiSurfer

When i had esat no limits, Eircom came out to install another phone line in the house.
    When i got my next next from Eircom, all of my call charges were from Eircom when they should have been from Esat.
    When i loked into it i found that the little box that your phone line goes through from esat had been bypassed and was sitting on the floor doing nothing.
    The ****ing Eircom Union asshole had taken me off Esat and routed me back through Eircom.
    So it does not surprise me that Eircom are letting Netsource down.
    Having said that Netsource have a responsibility to get their **** in order without using Eircom as an excuse

Advertisement