Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midnight club 2

Options
  • 02-06-2003 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

is it any good ? looks good from what ive seen but i cant frikkin rent it as xtravision need to take in your card to rent games now : ( and i cant find mine..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I rented it and it's not bad.

The roads are much more crowded than the first game so it kind of interrupts the flow a bit though. You also have to consign yourself to losing a race a fair few times until you learn the course too.

The graphics aren't great and the framerate can get choppy.

All in all I'd say Burnout 2 is a much better buy. It's not as ambitious as MC2 but the execution is much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

I own it and i hated it for a bit...mainly cos i was **** at it and found it ridiculously difficult and awkward. After having it for a good few weeks now, i really like it. I cant compare it to Burnout 2 cos ive never played it. But its a really good, addictive and CHALLENGING game...you need time and patience. The graphics are really good, never noticed any choppy frame rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I just rented it there and i only played it for 2 or 3 hours so i cant really coment on how good it is ( apperantly it is a v.long game and it gets beter and beter )

as far as the graphics were concerned i thought they were really really bad :( they are mucky and blocky and the framerate can be v.choppy indeedy,

The car A.I is really good though as they push you off the road and stuff ! and i loveed using nirtro and flying down a freeway :D

Well im pretty bored of it to be honest. Its a good game, you just need lots of time.

As for the graphics being really really bad. Thats just utterbull**** cos they arent. They are no way near bad. Every review on the net whether they are slating it or praising it, say the graphics are great.

Oh ye, while i did say the graphics are great. They arent as good as substitute titles....CORRECTION...I meant to say they arent as good as Gran Turismo 3 but come on, your in a huge fricking incredibly detailed city. The cars dont have as much detail as GTA3 but they get bashed up, sparks fly all over. Its very pretty as far as visuals go.

• Advertisement

Right Andy ill try my v.hardest not to let this turn into a flame war or an arguement but i think the graphics are really cack ...
    and im not alone

taken from eurogamer..
    To begin with, we were utterly underwhelmed by some distinctly unimpressive visuals, which will do little to lure you .... (blah blah ) The first city available to you is Los Angeles, and it's a somewhat foggy, murky affair, and devoid of colour. The cars look scratchy, the backdrops lack detail, and the whole thing is a world away from the delights of Burnout 2.

Anywho I only played the first city, MAYBE the others are beter :)

Stunning reflections, excellent car damage and amazing real-time lighting are just three of the many graphical wonders you'll see in this game. Keep your eyes open at all times! Blinkers will miss out on too much.

http://ps2.gamezone.com/gzreviews/r20345.htm

I really dont believe you honestly think the graphics are bad. Seriously, i personally think you want to piss me off. Cos there deadly! End of story. Whether the game lives up to it or not is personal but i think the graphics and millions of other gamers do too.

For ****s sake, some people think CM4 is ****...i mean what is the world coming to? Also i remember hearing about people complaining about the graphics in Vice City for the PS2 saying they were murky and blurry, but for ****s sake, it was based in Miami, 1980's, the sun is shining, and theres a haze above the city. People thought this haze was crap graphics. The same haze is in this game!!!
    Graphics: The graphics of "Midnight Club II" often fascinated me. They are not entirely without flaw, but the amount of detail that has gone into the environments impressed me, and I often took a free drive in the arcade mode just to admire Rockstar's work. There's also some great sparks thrown off when cars skid against the wall or another opponent. The cars, while fairly crisp looking (and crumpled after a crash), are a little sparse on the detail, though.
    Rating 9/10

http://www.currentfilm.com/ps2reviews/midnightclub2ps2.html

i mean seriously, you must be blind or something cos the graphics are in no circumstances "really really bad". I mean seriously? Whats up with that?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Championship manager = football for excel :ninja:

:D

football for excel?

Huh?

hehehe football for excel :) hehehe

I just think they are terible, as i said they may be beter when they are bright, I only played the first city which was dark and looked ( imo ) really bad,

On the other-hand im a big fan of vice city and lurve the graphics :)

[edit] im not out to piss you off m8, i really dont have the time for that...

• Advertisement

ya ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by 50Cent
    Also i remember hearing about people complaining about the graphics in Vice City for the PS2 saying they were murky and blurry, but for ****s sake, it was based in Miami, 1980's, the sun is shining, and theres a haze above the city. People thought this haze was crap graphics. The same haze is in this game!!!
    i think that was just stupid people that couldn't figure out how to turn trails off (why the **** are they even turned on by default?)

i've only played midnight club 2 for a few minutes on a mates ps2 & tbh i was very unimpressed with the graphics.
    they might get better after the first city & i thoroughly (sp?) enjoyed the game itself tho

I cant believe this seriously. The graphics are ****en brilliant. Better than Vice City in terms of details of buildings...seriously lads, whats the deal with the graphics so bad? read some reviews or something...i mean, i aint pullin this out of my ass. the graphics are class!

Originally posted by 50Cent
    whats the deal with the graphics so bad? read some reviews or something...i mean, i aint pullin this out of my ass. the graphics are class!
    lol, i've tried typing this message 3 times, it turned into a flame frenzy every time:rolleyes:
    i give up

It's all just so grey and foggy. There's are some really nasty jaggy's as well; particularly noticeable around the cars windows.

Burnout 2 just looks so lush I suppose we've all been spoilt.

But thats the way its all meant to be. Yes car details aint perfect but they are hardly bad. I hear its a better game than burnout 2 but i cant comment till i play it.

Dont take the comments about the game personally 50cent, the graphics are NOT beter than vice city, imo they are cack - and seems im not alone =/

Im not. But im speaking the truth. Buildings in Vice City arent as good as in MClubII. And the graphics are not cack. I am a graphics freak. I dont play games if the graphics are not up to scratch...thats why im going to keep saying the graphics are not cack...and dont give me this your not alone bull****. Of course your not. But theres far more ppl in this HUGE BIG UNIVERSE who agree with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

anyone who has played burnout two will know the graphics are better, but for **** sake it is such a short easy game!! midnightclub 2 looks lik a ps1 game but the missions and gameplay are better, its frustratingly difficult. Ive got both and mc2 is definatley better value

But the gameplay is lacking polish as well. I like hard games but it's tedious more than hard.

Length, better value etc. is all tosh. It's the quality of the experience that matters. I'd rather a short, tightly designed game than some stodgy overhyped epic.

• Advertisement

Ok whats the deal? Obviously most ppl here think the graphics arent good...i dotn know how or why. Im a graphics freak. Maybe you didnt hear me. Im a graphics freak. The graphics in midnight club II are great...seriously. I see nothing wrong with them. There really good...its a pretty game!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

For God's sake, listen to the man! He's a GRAPHICS FREAK!

There are alot of different graphics freaks. There are the ones who admire Sudekei for its bump-mapping, snazzy lighting and high resolution.

And there are the ones who cringe when they see the character design and would rather play the humble Ico.

Originally posted by NekkidBibleMan
    For God's sake, listen to the man! He's a GRAPHICS FREAK!

BAHAHAHAH :) N1

Funn
    y

:D pld

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

From what I played the graphics are on the wrong side of fairly naff. Anyone who is a "graphics freak" gets..... Ah couldn't be bothered.

ah **** this. I dont care! i think there slick and i bought it so thats what matters.

Advertisement