Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Number Portability

Options
  • 02-06-2003 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

I read in a newspaper yesterday that Mobile Number Portability will be introduced in july. I think this mean's that i can switch from O2 to Vodaphone and still keep my 086 number. Will this be available to Speakeasy and Ready to Go accounts.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Got a friend who works for meteor. He says that you'll be able to move to any operator, and any payment option (credit or bill), and still keep your same number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Thats Correct i know people that are Moving from Esat to Vodafone at the moment and Keeping there 086

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

I think that this will have a positive effect on prices:

I am thinking of switching to meteor as their chages seem lower. People can now compare on price and forget about paying a premium for a prefix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

Yes the operators are being forced to implement this by Comreg.

Essentially what is required is a breaking of the link between the phone number and the IMSI (SIM) number in the HLR database.

It also means that someone upgrading from 2G to 3G won't have to change numbers (they would have before hand). This is a big issue, because I guess many people would be reluctant to change to 3G if it meant giving up their existing number.

davej

Advertisement