Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

parsers , advice

Options
  • 02-06-2003 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭

i have to do some research on these.
    can anyone give me any words of wisdom for writing one , or should i just use something that is written already ?

danke,
    p
    :ninja:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Dizz

Have a look at yacc and lex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭QBall

If you are looking at using them, use lex (or flex) and yacc (or bison). There are plenty of tutorials available on the web. Google is your friend.

On the other hand, if you are looking about learning about them then read "Compiler Design Theory" by Lewis, Rosenkrantz and Stearns. It was the textbook for one of my subjects (surprisingly called "Compiler Design") this year. It's heavy going in parts, but it has a lot of useful stuff in it. It's not in print anymore, but there are some available second-hand on Amazon starting at $10.

Other than that, have a look around for lecture notes from a compiler design class on the web.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Drazhar

Sweet gentle jesus, Lexx and Yacc, i bloody hated them. Had a college assignment with them, if i can find it, and you want it, it's yours. Tis handy to have a working example sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Pablo

i have someone elses parser around the office. but i was looking for other examples too.

will check them out

Advertisement