Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharing the net across the network WITHOUT Xp auto-dialing ???

Options
  • 02-06-2003 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

Sharing the net across the network WITHOUT Xp auto-dialing ???

I have internet-sharing working with a XP box on an isdn but it auto dials when I have my networked machine connected when I just want it to be on the network.
    I have a linux laptop connected to the XP box with the internet connection... when I connect the lap to the network. XP then decides to dial up to connect to the net. I want to share the net when I go online but I DON'T want XP to dial up for automatically for me though. Grr! Anyone come across this one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

In xp if you go to the dialup connection and go to the sharing tab you will find a little tick box that enables/disables the ability to auto dial.. that what your looking for?

Alternatively head to downloads.com and search for some dialup manager, that may help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Found it. I'm just blind I guess:

start -> settings -> network connections -> right my ISP -> properties -> advanced tab -> uncheck "Establish a dial-up connection whenever a computer logs onto the network".

Sheesh. That was annoying.. just like auto disconnecting after getting your mail. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭davil

Wow you checked your connections - clever - would have tried that first myself, but then I don't resemble a hamster. Nor do I have his brains. VOooolumeh. neh. Hetty-mose, prostagmahr, crow-ee-nya-wetch!!!!!!!!

Advertisement