Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CD-ROM problem or fecked up windows?

• 02-06-2003 7:36pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Whenever I seem to install games off my cd drives,(dvd or lg)
    I get a CRC error saying that the setup.cab is corrupt, contact software vendor, this seems to be onbly happening with games
    but yet I can install the games off ISO's I downloaded and use daemon tools to emulate a new cdrom to install,
    really annoying when I buy a game and then have to download the game which is over a gig
    any ideas?
    I recently did a 'recover' on my w2k system, I think this could be the problem as I couldn't have been bothered doing a whole reformat..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i think i read about this somewhere that it happens with games that get installed with installshield i think it said that to fix it that you go to program files and there should be a folder called install shield and i think you have to delete a file there i think it was setup.cab

correct me if i'm wrong and i'm glad to be of help if i was.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Actualy, now that you said that. it seems to be installshield that does be used for the games I got the problem in,
    thanks for your help, I'll give it a google!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Holy crap Lenny whats that thing in your sig? its cool and got my company firewall address, ie version and ip.. cool

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Its just my siggy?
    I just knew you'd be checking it out so I put in your ip & host and os version and ie :p

Advertisement