Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comreg Publish Strategy for 2003-5

Options
  • 02-06-2003 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

It is at times reminiscent of an effort to justify some of their cockups over the past 3 year with the benefit of a big dollop of hindsight.

You would think they had "The Power" during all that time.

Nevertheless it is interesting more than self-serving.

51 Pages including the postal stuff and the corporate culture guff including an Internal ORG chart that looks like a Daisy on page 35, does nobody in there have te courage to tackle Etain sometimes.

There is an interesting accEEEdddddd graphic on page 15. I don't know what it means but I think that they think it means that they have to make choices, sometimes. If it depicts their strategy for the next 2 years I will be scared, very scared.

M

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Page 49 , I snottered all over me PC when I read this bit.
    Despite the slow development of DSL services, Ireland has made progress in reducing the gap between the adoption of innovative services elsewhere and in
    Ireland. ComReg has played a part in facilitating this. In some cases, what was
    needed was to catch up with other countries, introducing full satellite licensing for
    example, and publishing Frequency Allocation Tables and spectrum management
    policy. The ODTR was among the first European NRAs to issue FWA licences,
    benefitting from their early issue with some early roll-out as comparedI with many
    other countries

After cleaning it up I returned to the fray :D

It is an excellent example of how Etain can completely delude herself sometimes. The above paragraph refers to events that happened on her watch.

The ODTR issued a series of FWA licences almost 3 years ago. FWA is Carrier grade Wireless services.

She has allowed the carriers with these licences, particularly Eircom and Chorus , to blithely ignore their licence condition and has not enforced the penalties for non-compliance that were provided for in the same licences.

The quote is management speak sh1te of the highest order and if it is to be Comreg's strategy for the next 2 years the God help this country.

Here is more, page 13
    Ireland is a leader in terms of mobile adoption and is now among the leaders in 3G deployment

OMFG

M

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Fergus

Originally posted by Muck
    [There is an interesting accEEEdddddd graphic on page 15.

ROFLMAO. They're smoking some serious grass at ComReg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

I spent about 10 minutes trying to figure out what the hell this meant.

I finally came to the conclusion that someone at Comreg just finished an ECDL course and wanted to displat their |337 clipart skillz....whatthehell.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flav0rflav

I spent 1 minute reading the text under the 'art' and was stunned to think that they consider we are in the 'grind' scenario. Surely we are somewhere between 'stagnant' and 'platform', particularly given their definition of 'platform':
    Platform refers to a scenario with an overwhelmingly dominant player in each of the
    subsectors nationally or regionally, for example in fixed and broadcasting distribution and a
    duopoly in mobile. In this scenario none of these key players would show much interest in
    providing competition in other subsectors, and their existing platforms capabilities and costs
    would remain substantially unthreatened
    Competition in ICT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

Originally posted by echomadman
    I spent about 10 minutes trying to figure out what the hell this meant.

I finally came to the conclusion that someone at Comreg just finished an ECDL course and wanted to displat their |337 clipart skillz....whatthehell.jpg

LMAO

They'll be releasing explanation notes in a fews days heh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Could it indicate that they have NO STRATEGY for the period 2003-2005, I see none of the vision thing in the Document, some of which is awful twaddle TBH .

There is no real recognition that the Consumer exists and is entitled to the same service at the same price as every consumer in other advanced industrial economies...by the end of 2005.

I thought Strategies had to have a Clear Goal. This Document should be renamed

Comreg Musings, Ramblings and Self Justification , May 2003

Now WHERE THE **** is the USO instead of having us read this crap.

M

But are they supposed to have a vision? Isn't that for the politicans? They do have a goal, to make sure the regulations are followed. I'm not sure it's their job to consider the underlying philosophy/intention of the regulations. Well, actually they do need to understand that, but, they aren't reponsible for setting the agenda.

And on that note, how come IOFFL hasn't been on Agenda.

Page 18, 29. What sort of colour schemes are those!

Ah, well, at least they aren't wasting money on fancy art/design consultants or courses. A positive point.

Advertisement