Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BMW Funding for Wireless Broadband Networks

Options
  • 02-06-2003 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭

Following Post lifted from Irishwan Forum.

The BMW Regional Assembly has just announced that they are putting €250,000 into development of wireless broadband networks in three towns in Ireland. The towns are :

1) Ballinlough Co. Roscommon & Ballyhaunis Co. Mayo (joint project by Last Mile Wireless)

2) Strokestown, Co. Roscommon (Leap Broadband)

3) Virginia, Co. Cavan (DigiWeb)

press releasehere ]here[/URL]

Heartening to see projects such as the above in places that are normally overlooked. If your out in the broadband-less sticks, theres still hope!
    :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

Can I apply to have Wicklow added to the BMW ?

M.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

As a resident of the fair village of ballinlough all i can say is very good job! heres me looking forward to something that allows me to tell dial up get lost!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Bet ya didnt expect that Asok! I am familiar with Balinlough and just like where i live (which isnt too far away), i would have assumed it would have been one of the last places in ireland to be covered.

Nice to see things running the other way for a change.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Well it will be on the news at 1pm today about the Ballinlough /Ballyhaunis development. Its going to be a great development for the area. The company that I work for is invloved in the implementing of it. It's really great to see this development going ahead as it will dramatically help the local area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Is there anyway I can convince you & your company to cover my area (about half an hour from Ballinlough), Ronan??

Had never heard of 'Last Mile Wireless' before this, but you've certainly got my initial goodwill for assisting in bringing us up to standard in this region....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I dont work for Last mile im involved in another company, we werent named on the report :) PM me your location and ill soon tell ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Originally posted by Eurorunner
    Bet ya didnt expect that Asok!

Actually i did Ronan|Raven is my brother lol still its faaanntastic news

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Poz3D

FYI, Last Mile Wireless are a new Athlone-based company. Their website is http://www.lastmile.ie

Advertisement