Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was in the George for the frist time....

• 02-06-2003 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

was a bit apprehensive at first as I wasnt quite sure but was a cool place on the inside. Have to admit the music was good but not on par with Trintiy Arch lads!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭darkened_corner

Ah poor sweet innocent lad, I brought him in - did I corrupt you? (I hope so! :->)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Originally posted by dendenz
    Have to admit the music was good but not on par with Trintiy Arch lads!

Thats not a gay bar....is it?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭dendenz

lol, I enjoyed every minute pity about that bird though at the taxi rank , if only .....

We have o organise it agian, it'd be abit of fun to go there again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,150 ✭✭✭oneweb

...yes, that was me just over two months ago. Walkin past it twice most days for the last few years I swore I'd never go in there for fear of all the whatnots and oddities that I had imagined.

Gotta say, the best thing I did was give in and go (yew know who you are ;)) I was pleasantly surprised :) and became a regular within days.

/me wonders when the next queer beers will be...

It is what it's.

Even if people are straight go in to the George, its a guranteed good time :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭darkened_corner

George, GUBU, Front Lounge ... they're all good! Us gay boys know how to have a laff! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Ixidor

what about out on the liffey? is that any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Only been once, wasn't impressed. I'll go again and give it a second chance..

We'll have to have another night out , Front Lounge, GUBU, al the places like that and then Iskanders for our kebabs ,mmmmmmmmmm. I am making myself hungry now talking about kebabs !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I don't like the front lounge at all, think it really tacky! ... Gubu's alrite, this one time downstairs... i had fun ;) heehee

I like the George, easy to score, POD looks better but harder score ;P

• Advertisement

Front Lounge tacky ? , compared to the George and Pod ? Interesting way of seeing things.

(read that as BLIND )

was a bit apprehensive at first as I wasnt quite sure but ....

Translates to:

At first I was afraid I was petrified.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,150 ✭✭✭oneweb

lmao
    We'll have to have another night out

Hear hear! :)

It is what it's.

I will be that buckeled it wont matter if I get a bird or a bloke lol !

I will be that buckeled it wont matter if I get a bird or a bloke lol !

How utterly attractive

Copperface Jacks or Fireworks now tonight, sjpould be good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

I went to the front lounge and the george for the first time last night. Great night out. Im really impressed with the front lounge, what a great place. The George was alright, nothing special. I hear the pod is decent on fridays......... ill have to check it out:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

Originally posted by pugwall
    I went to the front lounge and the george for the first time last night. Great night out. Im really impressed with the front lounge, what a great place. The George was alright, nothing special. I hear the pod is decent on fridays......... ill have to check it out:D

It's also now open on a saturday. There are other clubs on during the week in Eamon Dorans, Traffic and Ri Ra

Front Lounge looks good, must pop in there one of the nights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭HerrLipp

heading there in a minute for the first time. Bit apprehensive though that they make you queue outside in one of the most dangerous cities in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

I went to GUBU last night for the first time - nice bar, i think ill be going there more often!

Gubu has great music though. I like it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

yar Gubu's cool, nice private area down stairs ;P

Originally posted by azezil
    yar Gubu's cool, nice private area down stairs ;P

They're called Toilet Cubicles :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

And Azezil climbs yet another rung on the "no seriously, don't touch, you don't know where he's been" ladder...

out comes the barge pole ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭HerrLipp

Popped into GUBU for a brief few seconds, but felt all paranoid because I was on my own and there were no free barstools. Have to find a place where there's a friendly barman to talk to or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Amnesiac_ie

GUBU was the first Irish "gay venue" I ever ventured into and it remains my favourite...

My mnate scored in Trinity Arch ast week, seems to be a gay freindly bar .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,096 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Where is Trinity Arch

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement