Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

why am i still sick

• 03-06-2003 8:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

i went out fairrly heavy over the weekend but entered my bed at 2pm sunday and stayed there till 2pm monday, ate some dinner and back to bed for pretty much the day,
    all day sunday i spent puking, all day monday i spent ****ting (i left the bed for this) but now its tuesday and im still sick as a parrot, A bit better but not too great,

i dunno what my question was anymore

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Maybe you have alcohol poisoning? I dunno :confused:

I can recall my little sister getting it once and she was basically sick for a week. A week long hang-over if you will (not that I'd know anything about hangovers, being immune to them that I am) ;)

Go see your GP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

go to your quack, and have yourself checked out before you get worse:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I once went out drinking on friday adn was sick untill Tuesday, I didnt even drink heavy !

Have you tried stuff like alca-selzer ? drink loads of water is what id say, fruit and stuff, also orange juice with a few spoonfulls of sugar, other than that i donno....

maybe you were coming down with somthing as you were drinking ? Bad cold or flu ? and if thats the case the drink wouldnt have helped things...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Try eating only a little - dry toast and the like, stick to isotonic drinking (e.g/ flat 7up), go to pharmacy to get something to settle your stomach / bowels (should cost less that €10).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Definetly alco-poisoning, I've had that myself a couple of times. You will feel like **** for a few days, don't worry about it, and you should be grand. Although I'm sure you feel like you're about to die! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭blahblah

i feel better today actually :D

i probably didnt learn a thing from this although at the moment im planning to stay in next weekend, but its only wednesday.............

that friday feeling will most likely pounce and destroy once again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Originally posted by blahblah

that friday feeling will most likely pounce and destroy once again

yea that bastard allways pounces on me and beats the crap outa me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Beëlzebooze

I'm pleased to see that the money the govt. is spending on the anti-drink campaigns isn't all wasted :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Oh, avoid dairy products for a few days, the body confuses the lactic acid for poisons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭deimos

those orange vitamin c things seem to work wonders when I am badly hungover.... Rubex I beleive they are called.............

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

heh, a friend of mine carries them with him whenever he is drinking away from home, he swears by them

Advertisement