Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connections...

Options
  • 01-07-1998 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

Connections to quake.ie

IOL : Shiit ping 250-300, no Packet Loss
    Tinet : Fair ping 200-250, no Packet Loss
    Indigo : Good ping 150-200, Major Packet Loss averaging on 20% goes up to 70/80%

Connnections to barrysworld

IOL : Good ping 200-250, only 6 HOPS
    Tinet : Good ping 200-250, IOL is better tho on average
    Indigo : Just crap really...

Is Packet Loss caused by the speed of the machine running the servers?

Mickah

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

The one thing that I'd say about Indigo at the moment is that I'm encountering
    alot of bad modems (i.e I connect, logon to the network and then nothing) and
    I dissing alot. I think its because their network is overloaded at the moment
    (at least thats what someone has said to me). ANy other Indigo users having the
    same problems ???

Also a quick question for Conor, any news on the extra bandwidth for quake.ie
    servers????

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Yes, I'm having exactly that same problem as well.

: The one thing that I'd say about Indigo at the moment is that I'm encountering
    : alot of bad modems (i.e I connect, logon to the network and then nothing) and
    : I dissing alot. I think its because their network is overloaded at the moment
    : (at least thats what someone has said to me). ANy other Indigo users having the
    : same problems ???

: Also a quick question for Conor, any news on the extra bandwidth for quake.ie
    : servers????

: Gandalf.

: The one thing that I'd say about Indigo at the moment is that I'm encountering
    : alot of bad modems (i.e I connect, logon to the network and then nothing) and
    : I dissing alot. I think its because their network is overloaded at the moment
    : (at least thats what someone has said to me). ANy other Indigo users having the

On Monday I had the exact same, it connects, I logon, then you try to ping a server and zippo, nothing. I had to connect 8 times before I could establish a 'real' connection.

: Connections to quake.ie

: IOL : Shiit ping 250-300, no Packet Loss
    : Tinet : Fair ping 200-250, no Packet Loss
    : Indigo : Good ping 150-200, Major Packet Loss averaging on 20% goes up to 70/80%

: Is Packet Loss caused by the speed of the machine running the servers?

Can be but unlikely, and in this situation one link works fine and the other is craap, so i'd say it is purely the link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

: ANy other Indigo users having the

yup.
    also sometimes get blue lines in r_netgraph 1... which is probably not good

• Advertisement
Advertisement