Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ferrari 'want Montoya'

• 03-06-2003 11:29am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ferrari have said that they Juan Pablo Montoya to replace Michael Schumacher in 2005 (when his contract expires) if he quits the team or retires.

See here for the full story

Do yez think michael will retire when his contract ends??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

maybe he'll form a new team
    or arent VW looking to start in F1? and BMW are looking to get out of williams??

theres some german options for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i'd thought i'd heard somewhere that ferrari where making comments about montoya and how he was all talked up coming into f1 and look at him now type of thing not doing much? this being before the monaco grand prix, perhaps it wasn't ferrari but someone else but it was definitely mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

It's true, JPM made a greta debut but he's been a bit lacklustre up until the last few races. Still, the car let him down a few times.
    He'd be great in a Ferrair, as long as Schumacher has retired of course.

well i think he's better then ralf anyway and i would have liked to see what he could do to take on michael near the end of the last race, ralf just doesn't have the bottle sometimes i think

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    ralf just doesn't have the bottle sometimes i think

I absolutley agree. Ralf just doesn't challenge Michael as strongly as he should and could. Yet I think Ralf is a great driver, he just chickens out when big brother gets in his rearview mirrors.
    Maybe he is afraid of Michael's wife. I heard she banned Ralf from her house for months when he put Michael on the grass a few seasons back. Don't know how true that is though!:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

also Mrs. R Schumacher and Mrs Montoya dont get on at all
    handbags at 12 paces ladies:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Ralf: Could be excellent driver, sometimes doesn't seem to have the passion.

JPM: Unprofessional temperament, needs to get his head together and win a few more races in order to live up to his media hype, ITV are particularly guilty of talking him up.

I think i have to agree with you there Dr. Dre about ITV, i'm always hearing about whos going to be the next big thing, montoya, fisichella, rakkonien, heidfeld, (frentzen when he went to william), alonso, webber. So far i have to say the only people who have lived up to my expectations have been rakkonien and alonso, though i think webber is doing good things at jaguar, and i would really like to see fisi in a good car i think he has talent, all i see is his career slipping away, was it flavio who made him go to jordan, worst move of his career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 77horses

Yes Dr Dre.

Really unproffesional the winner of Monaco Grand Prix and 2 Place in the European GP.

Ok.... yeah..... another intelligent comment in the room?

::: VIVA COLOMBIA CARAJO!!!! :::::

Originally posted by 77horses
    Yes Dr Dre.

Really unproffesional the winner of Monaco Grand Prix and 2 Place in the European GP.

Ok.... yeah..... another intelligent comment in the room?

::: VIVA COLOMBIA CARAJO!!!! :::::

Dr Dre has a valid point about Montoya's temperament, 77. I'm a huge Montoya fan and up until the Monte Carlo Grand Prix his performance was, imho, poor. I think he was still stinging a bit after comments that Frank Williams and Patrick Head made about him. He needs to lose a bit of weight and focus a bit more on his racing, which he seems to be doing now in the last 3 races.
    I think he's going to win a championship for Williams in the next couple of years, it's looking even more likely with the Williams-BMW partnership secure til 2009.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

It's not just Ferrari who have big plans for Montoya when his contract ends next year.
    McLaren want Montoya away from Williams & to join them & replace Coulthard for next year.

See here

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

if he continues to take digs at his team mate then he will have to find a new team :D (http://planet-f1.com/Home/story_12487.shtml)

Originally posted by kbannon
    if he continues to take digs at his team mate then he will have to find a new team :D (http://planet-f1.com/Home/story_12487.shtml)

The unprofessional temperamnet, as mentioned above, is coming to the fore again. Montoya shouldn't be complaining about tiny incidents that happened last season and the season before, he's acting like a spoilt brat.

He's been linked to a McLaren seat for next season so meybe he won't need to worry about his spat with Ralf for much longer.

http://www.f1racing.net/news.php?ID=60573

his comments are true though ralf bottles it against his brother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

well apparently now mclaren want him...

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    his comments are true though ralf bottles it against his brother

I agree but what's to be gained by acting like a 5 year old and complaining about Ralf all the time?
    Ralf's performance or non-performance shouldn't affect Montoya in the greater scheme of things. He should concentrate onproving himself as a great and talented driver rather than badmouthing Ralf. The only place where JPM should try to show up Ralf is in the car.

yes but one of the unwritten rules seems to be you never take your team mate out of a race due to your driving, montoya points out that ralf is willing to do this but won't put a move on his brother, perhaps montoya would not care if ralf treated all other drivers equally

I see your point Data, and it's true that Ralf should be more willing to try moves on his brother, and other drivers. Maybe it's a lack of respect he has for Juan Pablo and maybe he was trying hard to ruin his races last year and the year before.
    I think that this season Ralf has more confidence in himself and in his position at Williams and he doesn't need to show up Juan Pablo, as they're matching each other performance-wise. Have there been examples of him trying dodgy moves on Juan Pablo this year? I can't remember but it seems like Juan Pablo is complaining about stuff from previous seasons, rather than concentrating on the better working relationship he has with Ralf this year.
    I hope Juan Pablo stays with Williams for another few seasons, I think he and Ralf are great to watch and perfect team-mates to challenge each other all the time.

i agree i do think they make a good combination, and perhaps there is some sour grapes on montoyas part that ralf is doing somewhat better this year. It does make life interesting though when teammates aren't the best of friends. I must admit though to not liking ralf very much for some reason.

I like Ralf, I feel sorry for him a bit but maybe that's just the female sympathy coming through. My brothers absolutely despise him, they reckon he's the crybaby of the paddock. I tend to agree with them, he's worse than Michael at times!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Originally posted by Kalina
    he's worse that Michael at times!

Michael Schumacher bitching?
    excuse me...

I know that now is not exactly the best time to make my case considering his lambasting of team orders @ Mclaren..but otherwise.

Advertisement