Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Uncapping Frames per Second (fps)

• 03-06-2003 11:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

This is off the Neocron forum. I did it and my FPS went from 20-60 to 90-300 (so far). I didn't set mine to 255 as it was too choppy. Changed it to around 150.

Also note this only works on nVidia cards.
    Ok you want to know how to up your fps (with nvidia cards)? I told all my clan mates this one and they creamed themselves =)

Please note nvidia cards only do this...

Most of you guys think that vysnc on your rig is turned off. If you select Vsync off with 0 frames rendered ahead your vsync is actually still on with the latest drivers. Yes your running DX games with your fps capped to monitor refresh I wont go into too much depth into why vsync increases fps but this is basically why...

Your gfx card/cpu both wait after each frame to synchronise the pasting of the frame with the monitor retrace. By turning this process off you are removing the time your comp is doing nothing and getting a higher overall fps.

Anyway this is how you do it...

First install this http://www.chill-tek.com/downloads/...coolbits%2B.reg and then goto display properties. Hit your graphics card tab, goto DirectX on the side bar. There should be an button on that page called "More Direct3D..." Click that and put the settings to VSYNC "Always Off" and Render no more than "255" frames ahead.

Bingo, hope this helps.

All in all the few things i say that really make an improvement in your fps...

Disabling Vsync.
    Putting fog on (even to max distance possible its x2 better)
    Turning down mipmapping in display settings (I leave them high though because it really hurts gfx quality too much for my liking)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Ill give this a blast when I get home :)

Advertisement