Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Don't Miss It!" Hints and tips for LC!

Options
  • 03-06-2003 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

My teacher told me that there is only five companies in Ireland that write the mock exams (other than your own teacher) and they must have a TINY idea of what might come up in the real Exams. So, why don't we all (if you still have your Mock papers!) put a list of the topics that came up in each paper, it has to give us a LITLLE help! Starting with English.

I'm doing ordinary level but looking at this forum it looks like most of you are doing higher, so please tell us the level you done in the mocks!

Where not going to get much help from Paper I so heres what came up in my Paper II (ordinary level):

The Comparative Study

A. Hero, Heroine, Villian

B. Social Setting

Pescribed Poetry

A. The Lake Isle of Innisfree

B. Child

C. A poison Tree

D. The Cage

Feel free to put up the topics in all other subjects but make sure you don't keep this post on the ONE subject!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 skyeye

Hemm.... It's a Bit late now !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by skyeye
    Hemm.... It's a Bit late now !

Well than why not do other subjects. As I said don't keep this post on the one subject.

BTW. I only started studying Poetry today.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

I still haven't started poetry :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭selling_irish

yeh i haven't studied poetry either, but let's hope Heaney and Yeats come up! And let's hope it's Yeats.

c ye ;)

p.s. black is the new red.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Heres what came up on my Geography mocks, PLEASE tell me what topics came up on yours!

Q1(a)Factors Affecting the evolution of the town
    ----(b) Modes of Transport
    ----(c) Compare OS and Photo for the range of functions

Q2(a)Erosion
    ----(b)river valley
    ----(c)change in earths atmosphere
    ----(d)Weathering

Q5(a)Devide a Ireland, France, Italy, Belgium into regions under the headings Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Activities.

The main thing I want to know is what came up on Q1 and did devision of a country into regions come up?

Also what does the words in underlined mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

the words underlined are all sectors of the economy and types of business

Primary Sector - Also know as extractive sector. This is a business/ activity involed using raw materials and natural resources. eg mining and agriculture

Seconday Sector - This is using the output from the primary sector to create a physical good. eg car manufacturing or jewlerry

Teriteray Sector - This is all services. eg fiancial/government/transport etc

Advertisement